TLZone Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone! I am new to site as a member but have been reading your posts for awhile. I have a 99 TL1000R and have done the airbox mod and the TRE mod. I am looking to do the fan mod. Can anyone out there direct me to the place to find that? Thanks alot. I have also repainted my entire bike (stock yellow) to black, yellow tank, and gunmetal gray. I am interested in changing rearsets and changing my rear sprocket as well as getting new rotors. I also have yosh carbon pipes and a power commander usb III.

·
Scooter hottie chauffeur
4,663 Posts
It's really simple, comming out of the lower rad on the right side is a brown plastic electircal clip with two wires, if you jumper over those two wires, the fans run. I simply wired a switch between those two, and mounted the switch near the bars. Someone used to make a switch to go into the grip node on the throttle side but if you mount the switch on the clutch side, you can just flip it on and off any time you like with your non throttle hand.

I switch it on any time comming to a stop light where I'm going to have to sit, the temp never gets above 200 or so.

with the switch in the "off" position, you are still protected, the switch in the rad will still trip the fans on if need be.... IF you jumper between the wires, but also leave them plugged into the rad.

if you have done all those mods... you need to look into a 1/5th throttle insert, you will kick yourself for not doing that first.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts