TLZone Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
8,965 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, if you have been following along, I have an Ohlins rear shock, and I installed GP Suspension parts up front. Today I added 6 pot calipers. Man it is awesome stopping compared with the 4 pots. I need some new 6 pots for the SV now :devious, but Diana thought they were a bit harsh anyway. Maybe someday I will take a picture of it. :lol

·
Upside Down Super Mod,
29,855 Posts
Never say never :laugh

·
Moderator,
5,038 Posts
Hey Doug do you have a bed in that workshop of yours, I don't know how you get the time todo all those mods, let alone afford them, like yousay though a picture may be nice :yes

·
Registered
206 Posts
hey doug, what 6 pots did you use???

·
Moderator,
14,795 Posts
Well Sir U are hooked for life :laugh

·
Moderator,
8,243 Posts
Steve TLS said:
Never say never :laugh
Ah yes, I remember well how Doug mocked me when I laughed at that statement. Oh well, "He who laughs last..." you know. :lol

·
Registered
8,965 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
OldTLSdoug :kicknuts 1crock

Ok you whining bastages here are pictures. Mods are as follows; GP Suspension forks springs and valving, along with rebound and compression needles, Ohlins Rear shock, Some brand of frame slider Zelig had, M4 slip ons, rashed on right, I painted the pipe, but it is flaking in the spot I prepared best :banghead, there is a PCII in there and the 6 pots off of Diana's SV (she isn't riding it much and didn't like the smack of the 6 pots anyway...:coocoo

Click for big 'uns

·
Registered
6,760 Posts
I believe the steel braided lines does a lot of the feeling. Did you use the TLS cross-over brake line setup? I do have a set of tlr 6 potters and a busa mc. Time to work I think. :devious
Dunno if I should get me a set of steel braided lines first though.

·
Registered
8,965 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Get the braided lines, all the difference in the world. I have EBC HH Pads too.:coocoo

·
Registered
8,965 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Gerhard, the friggin forks rock! I am amazed, I get a significant change in damping for a 1/16 to 1/8 turn on the adjuster, very plush, like having a Penske up front. I have found my suspension valving source :hail GP Suspension :hail. Dave has been extremely helpful and answered every stupid question I had, some twice. He sent the wrong size spacer, but I cobbled one up and I have the correct new ones in my hand. Great folks and frankly, for $376.00 you cannot beat it. I have never had a set of forks so nicely set up, it is amazing. If I can ever get LE to send me the damn 800 pound spring I will be in business! Talk to them for me. Tell them Doug needs his TLS spring, they had to get Eibach to make one.

Forks are awesome! With the 6 pots, they rock, stoppies are us.

·
Registered
4,047 Posts
ok so to put in GP brand suspension rebound screws at the bottom of the forks..... do you just unscrew the stockers till they fall out?

·
Registered
8,965 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
zippytls said:
ok so to put in GP brand suspension rebound screws at the bottom of the forks..... do you just unscrew the stockers till they fall out?
Zippy, it is never that simple. You need to drill the little pin, on the inside, then screw a screw in, heat it a bit (fork not the pin) and pry it out. One popped out perfectly and the other one required drilling it all out, ruining the stock pin. :banghead Those are compression adjusters. The rebound needle is buried deep in the cartridge.

·
Registered
11,001 Posts
...you'll love that 800# spring/Ohlins combo when you get it:devious...

·
Registered
909 Posts
fengler said:
see people this just proves that the tls is > than the tlr
Is that why he is robbing parts off the TLR and spooning them onto the TLS? ....:laugh

Good job Doug! I'm betting by the end of November and You'll have her on the track. :devious

1 - 20 of 21 Posts