TLZone Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey every one lookin to update somethings on my bike. wanted to get your opions and see who had problems installing them and or what went on with out a problem. that sorta thing. looking to get new rotors and brakes and brake lines. Not looking to spend a ton of money but i priced out everything i would like and came out to about 1200 bucks so

also need a power commnader. new sprokets and chain new clutch plates. Also i would like the frame to be black and wanted to know how you all did it when you either painted or poweder coated it? how did you handle the Vin plate on the side. I know this is sorta alot of questions mixed up in here.

So what brakes did you guys like. and brake lines and rotors.

chain and sproket kits also what sizes worked well for ya not lookin to wheelie any thing but i have been told that they are geared high anyways.

clutch plates. I have no clue about these and wanted to see what you guys used.

Thanks for any help!!!

·
Registered
87 Posts
goodridge braided lines....

ttp://www.goodridge.co.uk/motorcycle-brake-lines/suzuki.htm

race kit up front gives twin lines and makes bleeding a shit site easier. fitted them to my TLS and the difference is amazing....

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
did you switch rotors or pads or just the lines ? My brakes feel like a spong not a very good feeling and i had other bikes never felt like this so i felt that new rotors pads and lines would have to be a big improment..... as to the sprockets the bike makes a clicking noise after the engine has warmed up if you push it foward???? i have no clue was hopin had something to do with the front sproket as thats where the noise comes out of ..... any ideas out there/

·
Registered
87 Posts
reckon that's the lines, if your bike is on it's original ones they'll be shot by now giving spongy sponginess

·
Moderator,
8,251 Posts
For pricing you might want to PM speedking or contact Todd at www.calsportbike.com. Both have good prices and good service and can help you decide exactly what you want/need. :thumbup

·
Registered
3,241 Posts
The spongy brakes could also be due to air in the lines although if you have stock lines they are due for replacement anyhow. BTW, there's a TLR and TLS (me) in Ann Arbor. Give a shout (ok, PM) if you ever want to head over this way.

·
Premium Member
1,171 Posts
pm Speedking for the chain/sprocket kit and also the clutchplates. He has them up in the Group Buy section.
I'd powdercoat the frame, less hassle imo but maybe more expensive than painting the frame yourself. Do a search there are a few threads on this subject and how to's on the painting.
Any ss brakeline will do if you ask me, galfer, goodridge etc. I went with Ferodo XRAC pads, they're a little harsher on your rotors but make a big difference once you ride them in. Also DOT 5.1 can help, you may have to change it more than DOT 4 but once a year or so should be good to keep it all in great shape.
Are you considering a suspension upgrade? It's well worth it! There are a few options and is a major improvement to the handling.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Suspension not yet. but the breaks yes and a power commander. I will check about the parts from the group buy for sure. right now i am over in the sand box and missin the whole summer so i have some winter projects in mind but i am gonna buy the parts while im stuck over here and have them shipped home and waiting for me when i get there. Thanks for all the ideas and i will check into them!!!! And for ann arbor ill let ya know for sure i just want to get back down to the dragon... been to long.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts