TLZone Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey folks,
I've got a friend that works for Continental Airlines as an aircraft mechanic that lives in Phoenix. He rides a ZX10R & I worked with him on various race teams over the years. A little over a week ago his cousin boarded a small private plane in Phoenix & she flew out with a friend of hers. The plane disappeared off radar & the destination of the flight is not known. My buddy is freaking out as the search & rescue folks don't want him to get involved in the search process. He told me that she told no one of going on this trip nor left any info behind that may have hinted that she was going on a trip. Mike told me that is very unusual behavior for her. There is an investigation in progress but it doesn't seem to be going anywhere. I have not heard a thing about this in either the regional or national news media which is a little strange if you ask me.

Just wanted to get the word out. Hopefully members who live in that region of the U.S. can ask any pilots they may or their friends may know to see if they were out flying that day & possibly get their input. Networking seems like it would be a very good thing. Got a link to the website family members put up to try to get the word out that lists all the known details of this mystery. Descriptions of the plane, where it was heading when it disappeared & descriptions of the people known to be on board & the area being searched by the search & rescue team. The idea is to possibly get some helpful information to figure out what happened to that plane & of course the people inside it. The website is http://www.n2700q.com/

Thanks for helping get the word out folks...

·
Registered
1,982 Posts
I live in the Phoenix area but don't know any pilots or home enough to watch the news, but I will SURELY keep my ears open. Hope he hears news SOON.

·
Premium Member
24,892 Posts
I'm a wanna-be pilot, but on the east cost. Still, I'll keep them in mind, best of luck to all:thumbup

·
Premium Member
24,892 Posts
Just FYI for those that don't know what a 182 looks like (might not hurt to add a pic of the plane or one like it to the flyer imho).

Note: Paint could be different, but the shape is the same as these pics. The plane in question is a '66 model as is the plane in the pics, but for the most part all 182's look the same.

BTW there's a ton of pilots and OHV guys at advrider.com, might be worth posting over there:thumbup

·
Registered
11 Posts
wow thats crazy, you would think with all our technology something like this could not happen.

·
Premium Member
24,892 Posts
The FAA has seen too it that the general avaition world is very insulated from technological changes. Its really not much different now than it was in the '50s.

·
Registered
5,698 Posts
filing a flight plan is very convenient these days and highly recommended even for short flights. when you arrive at your destination you close you flight plan via a phone call. if you fail to close your flight plan the FAA calls the destination airport to see if you arrived (and forgot to close your flight plan). if you never made it they will start looking for you, usually within an hour. hope things turn out ok...

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the input guys! Josh, thanks for the URL of that website. Forwarded that stuff to my buddy. Yeah, a flight plan would have been awesome - some things just don't seem to be adding up that's why there is this effort to "get out the story" in case some clues start turning up.

You guys rock!

:hail

1 - 9 of 9 Posts