TLZone Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi every one. I have a Tl1000R and when i am riding it will all of sudden start to sound that is mis fireing and the bike does not sound right or have any power and then while you riding it will just start to come right and them it will pull all the way in the the revlimiter again. What will the problem be or what all can i start looking at. Thanks

·
The Suck, Squeeze, Bang, Blow Moderator,
15,414 Posts
Weak spring on the side stand, as you go over bumps or rough roads the stand will start to bounce slightly and the side stand switch will activate and cut off the ignition the same as it would if you tried set off with the side stand down in 1st gear.

Reactions: rxf610

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The problem is even there if the bike is on the stand and in neutral. The left side exhaust is some times even cold and other side is warm.

·
Registered
4,174 Posts
The problem is even there if the bike is on the stand and in neutral. The left side exhaust is some times even cold and other side is warm.
If you get no results from your efforts with the side stand switch, have a look at the spark plugs themselves. They can easily foul and perform poorly. Also, remove the spark plug cap from the wire and trim about 8 mm off the end and reattach the cap. The wire and cap screw together.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts