TLZone Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just curious about what anybody thinks of these on e-gay? item number 130033105896 are they worth it :O apparently, they don't "blink" very brightly but don't look too bad.....................
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Er, cheers Andy :laugh I was after some mirrors with integrated blinky-blinks?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,289 Posts
I fitted them on mine the other week mark, yes they aren't bright at all 2 leds :banghead I replaced the LED'S with halgon bulbs and now they are great, so long as you don't need to see anything but your elbows:laugh :rant Ended up fitting a camera/monitor instead:devious
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,665 Posts
Toledo said:
Just curious about what anybody thinks of these on e-gay? item number 130033105896 are they worth it :O apparently, they don't "blink" very brightly but don't look too bad.....................
Mark, these look identical to the ones on the trike, except with the CF finish.
Don't know if you used the mirrors when you rode it, but if you did, then you'll have an idea of what the rear vision is like.
As Paul and Andy say, if you like your elbows, you'll love them. :laugh
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,289 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Mark, can't remember if I did use 'em:confused just like the look of them.
Paul, how difficult was it to change over to halogen bulbs :O where did you get hold of the bulb holders?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,289 Posts
Toledo said:
Mark, can't remember if I did use 'em:confused just like the look of them.
Paul, how difficult was it to change over to halogen bulbs :O where did you get hold of the bulb holders?
I had a pair of carbon mini indicators fitted to the back of the bike between the pipe outlets:coocoo They started to melt over a period of time:banghead so i replaced them with intergrated LED tail/indicator lights(£50 new off ebaylooks great). I used the bulb and holder out of the mini indicators. A small screw holds the lens in the mirror, take this out and insert a small allen key in to pull off the lens. The lens is a tight fit and small bits broke off mine but wasn't noticable. Due to the unit being LEDS (only 2 inside:coocoo ) there is no reflector fitted so i used a piece of tin foil. When replacing the lens i would put a bit of grease on the edge it assist it in as it is a tight fit.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
There's a thought :O did it really improve them Paul, and did you keep std blinky-blinkers on as well as ones in mirrors :O
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,289 Posts
tlsgreen said:
Could you not use tin foil with the LED's and see how that improves things? Just an idea?
Couldn't use it with LEDs as the light off them is forward directional and so has nothing to reflect, unlike standard bulbs.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,289 Posts
Toledo said:
There's a thought :O did it really improve them Paul, and did you keep std blinky-blinkers on as well as ones in mirrors :O
The differance is like night and day. I had flush mounted indicators on before and was vary hard to see from the front. But i still left them on anyway.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
they look like the same as on "The Trike" except mark/jen have got smoked lens on with std bulbs................had a look at 'em today and for me not bright enough. So you can get these mirrors with amber lens too? then do the tin-foil mod'?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,289 Posts
Toledo said:
they look like the same as on "The Trike" except mark/jen have got smoked lens on with std bulbs................had a look at 'em today and for me not bright enough. So you can get these mirrors with amber lens too? then do the tin-foil mod'?
Cost me £30 but just found these
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Mirrors-indic...ryZ25628QQssPageNameZWD1VQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
Nearly half price and they are the same:rant :banghead Mark don't forget to change the LEDs for normal type bulbs to get the full affect with the tin foil:thumbup
 
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Top