TLZone Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Upside Down Super Mod,
29,860 Posts
I hope their engineering skills are better than their camera skills :laugh Pity they didn't find a decent stretch of road and gave it a 1st through 6th run in the one take.

·
Registered
2,667 Posts
That is one very cool vid! had it hiding on my pc somewhere some time.. I really like to do something like that over some time.. In the UK they have a site which sells stuff to do the conversion properly.. really cool! There's something similar for the Smart too apparantly..

And I guess that is the old version of "drive by wire" :laugh

·
Registered
790 Posts
If they can stick a busa motor in there, I don't understand why they couldn't run the throttle cable to a pedal. :O Looks like they were having to coordinate between the driver and "throttle man" like it was some offshore racing boat.

·
Registered
2,667 Posts
Come on, you know how it goes! If sorta works, not all things done jet but you can smell the fun! So why not have a blast!

·
Registered
790 Posts
haha yeah I probably wouldn't have been able to wait. I'd be trying to take it out before it even had seats.

·
Registered
179 Posts
ahh and its in a real Mini too not one of those bmw's:hail

·
Registered
217 Posts
If they can stick a busa motor in there, I don't understand why they couldn't run the throttle cable to a pedal. :O Looks like they were having to coordinate between the driver and "throttle man" like it was some offshore racing boat.
they did run the throttle cable to a pedal and it broke half wey thats whot the text says this is taken in oslo norway

·
Pygmy looking for a new name
14,150 Posts
All that room and they only put a busa motor in there? Why not a vette motor or something? I'd like to have seen some shots to show what kind of speed they actually have with it, like maybe from the outside or something.

·
Upside Down Super Mod,
29,860 Posts
All that room and they only put a busa motor in there? Why not a vette motor or something?
Or a Busa motor in the front and another in the back. :laugh

·
Registered
54 Posts
Weird coincidence ... I'm just at Disney World right now, they have a new stunt car show at MGM which has a bunch of Opel Corsas with Hayabusa engines - those things really move. A little higher tech than that mini though; check it out
BTW in case you're impressed by the red car's backward driving ... there are 2 red cars - one is built with the driver's seat facing out the back, and they switch off behind the scenes ... Both cars have 4 reverse gears

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KCNCy1lF8kc

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Weird coincidence ... I'm just at Disney World right now, they have a new stunt car show at MGM which has a bunch of Opel Corsas with Hayabusa engines - those things really move. A little higher tech than that mini though; check it out
BTW in case you're impressed by the red car's backward driving ... there are 2 red cars - one is built with the driver's seat facing out the back, and they switch off behind the scenes ... Both cars have 4 reverse gears

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KCNCy1lF8kc
i checked it out there zippy little things:)

·
Pygmy looking for a new name
14,150 Posts
I saw a special on those cars on TV when they first started that show. they do rock. And :hail the drivers.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts