TLZone Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
SQDBIKE Admin,
5,965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
these things look like a hoot...and i might be able to "justify" getting one to encourage the g/f into riding. :laugh I saw a sweet one at Summit, company started with a P :O looked like a 100cc bike.

anyways, post'em if you gottem, or know the bike i'm speaking of.

-:banana

·
Premium Member
24,892 Posts
Does my wife's KX100 count?

The cool thing about little MX bikes is that they are more or less full race spec, fully adjustable cartridge suspension, 20+ hp stock (her's is probably closer to 27-30), hydro disk brakes etc.

Here's has the suspension all re-done for an adult sized rider, long stroke crank (up to 105cc), ported cylinder etc.

I have some friends who race MX and also do the back-yard MX pit bike thing. They started out on highly modded CRF-50's and then switched to KLX110's. They like the KLX's much better and seem to break them less often (although bent forks are still pretty common, but these are 200lbs A class MX guys doing fairly large jumps).

If you want it street legal, a KE100 is really small, mild and street legal. I think they made them from the 70's up to about 03 (unchanged more or less too). Not a lot of performance, but would be a blast around town. 100cc oil injected, air cooled two stroke.

·
Registered
8,379 Posts
heres mine...its a 2005 klx/drz 110. I have the pit boss 143cc kit with takegawa cam and jet kit, two brothers air filter, two brothers m-6 ss pipe, joker heavy front and rear springs, two brothers hd footpegs and mount, pro taper tall bars, ufo plastics with a tss graphics kit made for my shop, two brothers shifter. I have a kx65 front end to put on her thoguh...nicer forks with a disc in the front. to come this winter is a works perf rear shock, 26mm big bore carb and intake, two brothers manual clutch kit, possibly the takegawa cyl head kit, and maybe a two brothers swingarm :devious

and the take-off parts so far :lol

·
Chief Moderator for my kids Julia & Kristen,
5,503 Posts
My kind of minibike. N2Wheelies' 550cc KX 80 of Death. Even a slight inkling of a thought of maybe wanting to do a wheelie and this happens immediately :devious

·
Premium Member
24,892 Posts
Yeah, that would be just the thing to teach his GF on:lol

·
Premium Member
24,892 Posts
But seriously, are you thinking about something that's street legal? Auto clutch? Care about suspension/brakes and that sort of thing? E-start?

A lot of chicks dig the TTR-125L because its a smallish (about the size of a KX85 or 100), mild mannerd four stroke with e-start and can be made street legal in some states. Suspension and brakes are better than most pit bikes, but well behind the MX bikes like a KX100.

have fun

·
SQDBIKE Admin,
5,965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
no plans to make it street legal. basically i just wanted a mini-bike to tool around on, and if i can justify buying to give her something with no power and not intimidating to learn on, so much the better.

i like the cr50's but the $3k you end up sinking into them is just insane IMHO.

-:banana

·
Premium Member
24,892 Posts
The no power thing rules out the 2-stroke MX bikes, even the KX60 hauls butt at high rpm, although they are all very mild at low rpm. The KLX110 is probably a real good option. Stock it performs similarly to a tricked out CRF50.

how about this?
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=178230 Would be fun to tool around on, not much power but it does have a manual clutch.

·
Registered
2,439 Posts
actully a female friend of mine got a ttr 125 last summer and she loves it!!!!

we had a mini race around the block a few years back and one of the neighbor kids rents let him take out his kx 65 and he SMOKED us all around the block that was a blast!!!

·
Registered
4,068 Posts
crf50

I will have to get my lil fiddy outta the garage and take a pic an post up when it's light out. I MUST be insane with the dough i have sunk into it.. It's insured, street legal and ridable anywhere:coocoo

·
Registered
764 Posts
1 - 16 of 16 Posts