TLZone Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, If I did advance my cam, how do I get it back to where it should be without taking the entire motor apart? Now that I have all the body work off, this would be the time to check ( I had to replace my clutch cable so I took everthing off)

·
Premium Member
24,892 Posts
Unbolt the cam journals and rotate it to the correct posisiton I would think. The timing chain doesn't go around the cam (gear driven) so its a really simple matter:thumbup

·
Registered
6,279 Posts
what were you doing with the cams whilst changing the clutch cover??

off with the valve covers and go through the cam timing routine again

·
Registered
168 Posts
When you put them back together follow the service manual and line up the dots on the 2 gears. Make sure you check for dot alignment after you tighten everything down too. When I did my valve clearances I had the front cam gear off by a tooth and had to tear down and reinstall. Note that the dots will not line up exactly until you tighten the cam journals. Spider gears keep them slightly offset until everything is tight.

Not sure how you would have got the cams missalligned while installing a clutch cable?

Good luck

Matt

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
it was a while ago when I was changing the tappet on the valves. it's just the two lines on the side of the gears right?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts