TLZone Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What a great time of year to get fired, Assholes. Company downsizing is a *****, especially when your the newest guy on the totem pole. I've been with this company since July, and I quit UPS for this company because they promised me big things.

Either way, its Christmas time and I have no cash moneys. If anyone knows of anywhere thats hiring ( Either northern illinois or south eastern wisconsin ), I will literally take just about anything as long as it has some sort of insurance.

Thanks for the look out guys

·
Premium Member
24,892 Posts
Pretty much every major retail store will be hiring. My wife is a manager at the local target and they are hiring as quickly as they can to keep up with the christmas rush and all the folks moving on (they have ~300 workers per store so there's always quite a few slots that need filled). It won't pay a lot but you should be able to get $12-15/hr + benifits with a low-mid level manager posistion at a retail store.

good luck

·
Registered
2,575 Posts
Sorry to hear that sucks ..this time of year ups and fedex are hiring alot of seasonal help and u may be able to get a spot with them full time..had a friend do that a few years back..

·
Pygmy looking for a new name
14,150 Posts
That sucks. At my wife's last job, she was the store manager. She got a call on Dec 23 from thier HQ telling her that sales weren't meeting projections and she had to reduce her staff by one person that day.

·
Premium Member
11,457 Posts
That's when they do it Assholes. They have no freaking compassion for people. Perhaps maybe hard times will come thier way soon. :rant

I figured my ex job would do the same thing to me so I bailed before they had a chance. The new job seems much better and so far worth the $4K salary loss.

Wish you good fortune my friend.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts