TLZone Forums banner

Matching master cylinder to caliper

3K views 12 replies 5 participants last post by  MR_Korrupt 
#1 ·
Is there an ideal ratio between m/c bore and total caliper piston area?

I've just bought one of these for the racebike (GBmoto copy of an APracing rear caliper):-

and I want to get the best (used?) m/c to suit it

I could use the oe TL one if it's right, but I would prefer to get the best (and lightest :devious ) one, if I can

thanks for any advice :)

See less See more
#7 ·
Harris makes the brakets, you will have to weld a channel onto ur swingarm though. Van used to make them but dont think he has done a 64mm run in a long time. im using the oem master with my ap and it seems fine for the job.

#8 ·
one of these .

I make them too.

#9 ·
You make the brackets Stu? or just the channels?

#10 ·
I could make you a bracket if you wanted

#13 ·
Nah i have a Van bracket for mine and the channel already welded onto the JMC swingarm, as well as a spare oem swinger with the channel on it as well :laugh

The harris bracket is about the $250 mark or so and actually damn hard to find. If you could make some brackets in 64mm spacing there would probably be some ppl interested in the OPs caliper set up if they are a cheap knock off of the APs.

Its a huge saving on unsprung weight, the AP caliper weighs 240g compared to stock which is about the 1kg mark, you also ditch the torque arm.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.