TLZone Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,462 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mallory Park Sat Aug 16th - anyone going?

·
The Suck, Squeeze, Bang, Blow Moderator,
15,414 Posts
Me and Fat Stu will be there on the 14th :O

·
Premium Member
6,671 Posts
Me and Fat Stu will be there on the 14th :O

Stu going for the "most events entered in a month" competition :dowhat That must be 6 or 7 events in three weeks :confused:coocoo

·
15,414 Posts
Stu going for the "most events entered in a month" competition :dowhat That must be 6 or 7 events in three weeks :confused:coocoo
Yeah, he's playing hard :laugh

We got Anglesey in 2 weeks and Cadwell with Pumpkin in 4 weeks aswell :devious

·
Registered
2,462 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
14th - bummer - I'm going at the request of another forum guy I met at Brands, But seeing as I'm at Anglesy and Cadwell again with you all, Have to forgo the pleasure this time! :) Still need a place to stay for ANglesy. Mallory looks a laugh though.

jamie.ferrar, I'm in inters/adv /light new blue shape mondeo - say hello (and bring pelnty of spares with you! .. see my other TD posts)

·
Registered
2,462 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
usually fast goes out at 9am - finsh up at 5pm

·
15,414 Posts
We had a great day yesterday Tony, bloody knackered this morning, my upper body is shot from the hard braking into the hairpin and Edwina's :coocoo

We got 7 sessions but I let Stu ride mine for the last one as my old war wounds were giving me jip :laugh

Stayed hot and dry until we left the paddock and then it rained, perfect :thumbup

·
Registered
961 Posts
:stupid Like Sam says, it is a mint track, quite short so you can learn it pretty quickly:) Every bit of it is good, I don't think I disliked anywhere:confused
Don't bother with sarnies as the lakeside diner has been tried & tested & found to be good & very reasonably priced:laugh Have a good day & can you get the photographers website as I can't find it ??:O

·
Registered
2,462 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
glad you's two had a good day. and sounds like my kind of track. Goes without saying, looks like its going to pee down tomorrow yet again! ..

Stu, how can someone called "Fat Stu" and yet be fitter than Sam? :) - that wont go down well with Pumpkin Sam, she likes her men FIT !!

Who were you with, No limits? or FE? .. we need pics/video

Wish me good weather, will post up (if I bother geting out of bed)

·
Registered
961 Posts
we were with no limits Tony. smooth run day, extra session to what we were expecting, gave me a chance to sample Sams bike as he was just too old to manage it for the last session :thatsgay What a difference an extra 12rwhp + 10lb torque makes:drool:scared Pics are on at www.photocet.net we'll put a few up later & Sam has a few videos to post if they've come out alright:devious
Have a good day old bean & just be careful out of the bus stop into devils elbow :eek:mg

·
Registered
2,462 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
So, found myself in the fast group by mistake - Opps! - still half asleep! (Had asked for inters, but colouring is different with Hotrax/) Couple of wankers out there but jeez, that was fast and furious! - but great.

"Finally", today was dry, and no big mech problems - In what is only my second proper dry track day, here I am knee down at 110mph plus around edwinas in th fast group! And to my amazement, the only place anyone was really getting me was down the straights when those modern 1k race bikes just blasted past. BUt I passed loads too! Could'nt beleive it.

Big problem i had was stopping, the front tyre was chirruping and the rear was fishtaling behind me - went straight on 3 times during the day into one chicane.

I did three sessions and by then was beating the same people and being passed by the same fast riders, but I was up there holding my own even if I was right on the ragged egde. I Nearly highsided once and even on a fourth gear right hander, heading to the hairpin, did a power slide! (gulp) But The Pilot road 2 at the back has worn strangley very /smooth/shiny on the edges for some reasn?

Anyway, afer lunch I dropped down to inters, to ride with my mate but even that was almost as quick as fast by the end.

Really hard graft but I coul'nt beleve the by far oldest bike out, a bad handling TL, was getting sharp 600's etc in/out of the hairpin - think surprised a few, oh and duffed up a fews Duc 999's too while I was at it :)

So, much faster than I've been before, Quite a few accidentrs, ambulances on the track/red flags but Scary/exhilarting day though. Post up vid at some point.

See you at anglessy chaps.

·
15,414 Posts
Sounds like you had fun aswell Tony :laugh

We only had one person carted off to hospital in the ambulance, others were just walking wounded mainly from the exit of the chicane :coocoo (There was more than enough white scrape marks in the tarmac to remind you to go steady on the throttle !)

Had a look on the web site and looks like they're 10 days behind at the minute :banghead

·
Registered
2,462 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Had fun?, your not wrong! ... few heart stoppers though!

Posting a vid in the vid section, 1st session, crapping myself at first but got the hang of it a little. Do some more when get the time.

·
Registered
961 Posts
Glad you had a dry/exciting day Tony, you were due one:laugh Thanx for the link :hail I'll take a look later. Looking forward to Anglesey, should be a brill weekend if we get the weather & probably just as good if we don't:devious as long as we're breathing, not at work & riding our bikes everything else is a bonus:)

·
Registered
2,462 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Checking out your photos .. nice stuff (and free!) Is he coming to Angelssy? :)

Noticed the SP1/2? how did that get on?

I would'nt hold your breath on the Tog at Mallory; I did 3 sessions, past him right over at the hairpin at least three times, still only got two really boring looking ones!! Even he said, I can have those for free!, which must be a first!

·
Registered
961 Posts
Checking out your photos .. nice stuff (and free!) Is he coming to Angelssy? :)

Noticed the SP1/2? how did that get on?
SHE (Cetera) can't make Anglesey :banghead she's riding her horse somewhere, so it will have to be the girls with the old box brownies or stump up for the pro at the track:O
The SP was going some, but still managed to just get him before the sessions ended:laugh
Junior got the bike back in 1 piece yesterday, so I've just to wash the Scarborough crud off it & I'm ready to go:pirate
This is the first time he's ridden the bike, so I think by the smile after each run, we may have another TLS convert:coocoo

1 - 19 of 19 Posts