TLZone Forums banner

Making TB synchronisation check easier

2K views 16 replies 8 participants last post by  wylee 
#1 ·
Last week I've put in some new plugs. Today I've checked TPS and did the synching. Now everything was still almost perfect so no huge gains :rant

But I was thinking, why should I not put some longer lines on the TBodies instead of blinding them off? That way I can check synchronisation without taking tank etc off!

Any reasons I should not do this? :confused

#3 ·
Loki-TLR said:
Last week I've put in some new plugs. Today I've checked TPS and did the synching. Now everything was still almost perfect so no huge gains :rant

But I was thinking, why should I not put some longer lines on the TBodies instead of blinding them off? That way I can check synchronisation without taking tank etc off!

Any reasons I should not do this? :confused
I'm going to permanently add a set of lines that will allow me to check the sync without pulling the tank off.

My TLS is surging and stumbling. I set the TPS that helped a little but I still have the surge and stumbling so i thought for sure the TB's needed to be synced. Hooked up my ghetto balancer and they were already perfectly in sync.:banghead Next time I won't have to rip the bike apart to find out there's no adjustment needed....if there is a next time...If I can't get it sorted pretty soon, it'll be down the road and I'll be looking for Honda.:banghead

#4 ·
wylee said:
My TLS is surging and stumbling. I set the TPS that helped a little but I still have the surge and stumbling so i thought for sure the TB's needed to be synced. Hooked up my ghetto balancer and they were already perfectly in sync.:banghead Next time I won't have to rip the bike apart to find out there's no adjustment needed....if there is a next time...If I can't get it sorted pretty soon, it'll be down the road and I'll be looking for Honda.:banghead
Ive recently paid to have both adjustments done on my TLR; it certainly pulls better than previously, but it is acting just as described above. I assume the adjustments were done properly; the scratches and mis-fitting of the fairings are no cause for confidence though. The bike seems to be running 1 or 2 degrees hotter than before; makes me think that it might be running leaner?

#5 ·
Do the chuck.net mod ...

#6 ·
Peter Reilly said:
Ive recently paid to have both adjustments done on my TLR; it certainly pulls better than previously, but it is acting just as described above. I assume the adjustments were done properly; the scratches and mis-fitting of the fairings are no cause for confidence though. The bike seems to be running 1 or 2 degrees hotter than before; makes me think that it might be running leaner?
Maybe you can check if they blinded of the TB synchronisation connections.. they might have forgotten that..

G
#9 ·
I use to have longer balance lines on my TLS. worked great, it was great just to check them periodically, they never needed adjustment thou.

by the way, if it idles fine, they are enough sync anyways, so no need to check.

#10 ·
It works I have a tls & did this sort of anyways

lowey79 said:
What's the chuck.net mod?:O
http://chucksirois.com/index.htm
runns smoooooooooth as glass
the <TABLE id=AutoNumber1 style="BORDER-COLLAPSE: collapse" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD width="50%">Power Connector Mod</TD><TD width="50%"> </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

#11 ·
JarkkoT said:
I use to have longer balance lines on my TLS. worked great, it was great just to check them periodically, they never needed adjustment thou.

by the way, if it idles fine, they are enough sync anyways, so no need to check.
Sorry.. but I was only hoping for that 1 1/2 bhp gain :devious

Thnx for that link Beet!

#12 ·
lowey79 said:
What's the chuck.net mod?:O

My mod is the wheelie mod, works so well you can't keep the front end down, just put a really fat chick on the back :laugh

If you had the shop do it then its definately not done right. I would recheck the TB synch and do the TPS adjust. Should be no fairing scratches as they don't need to be taken off.

I think what beet means is the electrical mod -never hurts and if you have the fairings off may as well do it because you might just end up stranded if you don't. http://www.chucksirois.com/TL1000/plus-mod/index.htm

If still have flappers -take em out. If you don't have a TRE -get one. If you have a PC -remove the pair valve. Do the TB synch and TPS adjust and do it by the video not the manual.

Your TPS could be a reason for all kinds of weirdness as it plays a part in the whole fuel/ air mapping bit.

The TB&TPS video and most of the mods I have done are here http://www.chucksirois.com/tl1000

-Chuck

#16 ·
i hope you guys are remembering to put a small jet of equal size at the end of pipe when you connect for a sync.:O :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.