TLZone Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last week I've put in some new plugs. Today I've checked TPS and did the synching. Now everything was still almost perfect so no huge gains :rant

But I was thinking, why should I not put some longer lines on the TBodies instead of blinding them off? That way I can check synchronisation without taking tank etc off!

Any reasons I should not do this? :confused
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
107 Posts
Loki-TLR said:
Last week I've put in some new plugs. Today I've checked TPS and did the synching. Now everything was still almost perfect so no huge gains :rant

But I was thinking, why should I not put some longer lines on the TBodies instead of blinding them off? That way I can check synchronisation without taking tank etc off!

Any reasons I should not do this? :confused
I'm going to permanently add a set of lines that will allow me to check the sync without pulling the tank off.

My TLS is surging and stumbling. I set the TPS that helped a little but I still have the surge and stumbling so i thought for sure the TB's needed to be synced. Hooked up my ghetto balancer and they were already perfectly in sync.:banghead Next time I won't have to rip the bike apart to find out there's no adjustment needed....if there is a next time...If I can't get it sorted pretty soon, it'll be down the road and I'll be looking for Honda.:banghead
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
321 Posts
wylee said:
My TLS is surging and stumbling. I set the TPS that helped a little but I still have the surge and stumbling so i thought for sure the TB's needed to be synced. Hooked up my ghetto balancer and they were already perfectly in sync.:banghead Next time I won't have to rip the bike apart to find out there's no adjustment needed....if there is a next time...If I can't get it sorted pretty soon, it'll be down the road and I'll be looking for Honda.:banghead
Ive recently paid to have both adjustments done on my TLR; it certainly pulls better than previously, but it is acting just as described above. I assume the adjustments were done properly; the scratches and mis-fitting of the fairings are no cause for confidence though. The bike seems to be running 1 or 2 degrees hotter than before; makes me think that it might be running leaner?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
600 Posts
Do the chuck.net mod ...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Peter Reilly said:
Ive recently paid to have both adjustments done on my TLR; it certainly pulls better than previously, but it is acting just as described above. I assume the adjustments were done properly; the scratches and mis-fitting of the fairings are no cause for confidence though. The bike seems to be running 1 or 2 degrees hotter than before; makes me think that it might be running leaner?
Maybe you can check if they blinded of the TB synchronisation connections.. they might have forgotten that..
 
G

·
I use to have longer balance lines on my TLS. worked great, it was great just to check them periodically, they never needed adjustment thou.

by the way, if it idles fine, they are enough sync anyways, so no need to check.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
600 Posts
It works I have a tls & did this sort of anyways

lowey79 said:
What's the chuck.net mod?:O
http://chucksirois.com/index.htm
runns smoooooooooth as glass
the <TABLE id=AutoNumber1 style="BORDER-COLLAPSE: collapse" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD width="50%">Power Connector Mod</TD><TD width="50%"> </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
JarkkoT said:
I use to have longer balance lines on my TLS. worked great, it was great just to check them periodically, they never needed adjustment thou.

by the way, if it idles fine, they are enough sync anyways, so no need to check.
Sorry.. but I was only hoping for that 1 1/2 bhp gain :devious

Thnx for that link Beet!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,364 Posts
lowey79 said:
What's the chuck.net mod?:O

My mod is the wheelie mod, works so well you can't keep the front end down, just put a really fat chick on the back :laugh


If you had the shop do it then its definately not done right. I would recheck the TB synch and do the TPS adjust. Should be no fairing scratches as they don't need to be taken off.


I think what beet means is the electrical mod -never hurts and if you have the fairings off may as well do it because you might just end up stranded if you don't. http://www.chucksirois.com/TL1000/plus-mod/index.htm

If still have flappers -take em out. If you don't have a TRE -get one. If you have a PC -remove the pair valve. Do the TB synch and TPS adjust and do it by the video not the manual.

Your TPS could be a reason for all kinds of weirdness as it plays a part in the whole fuel/ air mapping bit.

The TB&TPS video and most of the mods I have done are here http://www.chucksirois.com/tl1000


-Chuck
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,648 Posts
i hope you guys are remembering to put a small jet of equal size at the end of pipe when you connect for a sync.:O :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
107 Posts
jagboy1 said:
i hope you guys are remembering to put a small jet of equal size at the end of pipe when you connect for a sync.:O :)
^That's not required for the ghetto tools. The ghetto tubes with oil measure vacuum pressure; the sync tool in the video is measuring vacuum volume so the size is important.
 
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top