TLZone Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Moderator,
2,701 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since im new to the world of tabloid king.

A couple of mags ive been looking at

Shutterbug, monthly mag with tips and tools all through it. If you think about buying a new camera, might want to check this out as it covers all kinds of cameras.

Digital Photography, another monthly specializes in digital setups only

National Geographic special has a special on the stands now that is photo specific.

National geographic monthly with the Judas testiment on the cover has a little piece on photo's this month (getting ready to leave stands)

If any check these out and just like to flip through, let me know and I can let you know when a new one comes out.

·
Registered
5,858 Posts
Very interested in photography although bloody hopeless at it,i really dont know anything about cameras but i think i am going to have to go buy a new one if i am ever to have any hope of taking a decent photo,what i am useing is a Canon digital ixus30,i bought it as it was small (very small) and easy to carry in my bike jacket.Its only 3.2 mega pixels :O is that just way to small and what should i be looking at buying?i cant afford the most expensive thing on earth but i will spend a bit as i am interested in taking a good photo.any thoughts?

·
Pygmy looking for a new name
14,150 Posts
Mike, it's a lot like bikes. You don't need Mladin's bike when your just starting out to be able to learn to control the bike. Learning things like framing, composition and such can be had on any camera out there. In my opinion, these are the first and most critical things that can make or break a photograph. Digital cameras are great for this as you can look over your shot as soon as you've taken it and adjust and retake it.

I struggle to grasp even these simple concepts and I happen to have one of the big bad cameras out there. I keep working on it but it's a struggle for me.

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
if ya wanna know anything specific..... its what I do for a living.....

www.abyrdphoto.com

·
Registered
5,858 Posts
cheers guys,made a point of getting the instuction booklet out for the camera i have,never bothered to read it before :coocoo amazed at just what it can do,things i would never have thought of so will have a bit of a session with it next fine day.went down to a local exhibition in my town today and saw some great pics,really love the black/white photos of older people,somehow it just seems to make the character more interesting:O a simple photo of a big old tree minus its leaves looks amazing in black/white,very stark and cold seeming to emphasise the coming winter.

·
Moderator,
2,701 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
when I bought the new cannon I took a hard look at all the functions and the small novel it came with. I gonna bust down and get the other lens for it here soon.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts