TLZone Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased my TL only a couple months ago, but realized with a little research on here that it had an exhaust leak. I decide to tackle this while installing Rifleman's 1/5 instert & clear clutch cover and Vandriver's tail risers, since I would need to adjust the pipes anyway. I have tried several repositionings and still the same leak where the midpipe meets the collector on the right side:banghead It has gotten better, but it is still bad enough that you can feel it if you put your hand by it. What can I do to solve this? Is there something I can put in there? :O I'd rather not try to bend the pipe and then end up worse than I am.

·
Registered
994 Posts
I have not had this issue but I would suggest the following,
1. is one of the pipes not true or slightly out of shape? if so gently pressure into shape
2. if #1 fails then some foil and gasket sealer will cure the problem

Now I have had my front header leak due to vibration and have reused the head gasket by spreading the packing of that exhaust gasket and using exhaust gasket sealer. I would assume that foil and the exhauset gasket sealer will work similarly. Just wipe off the excess you don't want any goofballs dissrespecting your machine.

:bwtiller :cheers

1 - 2 of 2 Posts