TLZone Forums banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
8,965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went by M4 yesterday to get the crunched portions of my exhaust. I met Kyle, one of the owners, a great guy. He spent about an hour and a half with me drilling and fitting and such. Then he sold me the parts really cheap because he sold me stuff from a built silencer as they no longer have new ones. I didn't really care as he also sold me the carbon sleeve at a ridiculously low price.

The downside is, I am absolutely sure that there are no more M4 parts for TL's in the building, because I looked. Very cool place to hang. I got to see where they make them and where they are mocking up a pipe for the ZX-14.

So, M4 is worthwhile, they are a great company and stand behind what they sell. He made me very happy and he didn't have to. A stand up company. If I get a scooter that needs an exhaust, it will be an M4 in the future. Maybe get one for the KTM. :coocoo

So, this weekend I may ride at the track with Kyle and Ty Howard. Should be a hoot. Give M4 some business, tell them Doug sent you.

Woo Hoo!

·
Premium Member
4,013 Posts
I love my M4's!

·
Premium Member
6,671 Posts
....................The downside is, I am absolutely sure that there are no more M4 parts for TL's in the building, because I looked ........................ Give M4 some business, tell them Doug sent you.

Woo Hoo!

Errrrrrr - bearing in mind this is a TL site, aren't those two statements mutually exclusive :dowhat :coocoo :laugh :laugh

That said, the proportions of non-TL owners here seems to be growing daily :confused :rant

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
Damn no more TL M4's:banghead . I love mine and could never replace them with anything else but seems it might be the only option if anything were to happen to them

·
Registered
976 Posts
I love my m4.Mine is a little different,it came with cans that were 3 inches shorter than others I had seen.It makes it sound a bit more pissed off.I love it.

·
Registered
462 Posts
I was thinking of getting rid of my s/s cans for the carbon fiber ones. But since there are no more TLR cans, I will stick with these.:banghead :banghead

·
Registered
11,001 Posts
I was thinking of getting rid of my s/s cans for the carbon fiber ones. But since there are no more TLR cans, I will stick with these.:banghead :banghead

...or you could drill out your old rivits and put the carbon sleeves on the cans you already have...

·
Upside Down Super Mod,
29,860 Posts
Cans / sleeves / end caps etc are probably generic ~ interchangeable with many other M4 mufflers so the cans probably aren't a problem.

The system itself would be a problem and so would the mid pipes (which get rashed in a crash :().

:dunno

·
Registered
2,569 Posts
i got a set of mids made locally here in the uk for £80 the pair :)

G

·
Damn no more TL M4's:banghead . I love mine and could never replace them with anything else but seems it might be the only option if anything were to happen to them
:stupid

M4 rocks.
And with a little Autosol applied, mine looks almost new again :)

·
Registered
8,965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The sleeves are slightly different that they used to be. He said the suppliers of the carbon sleeves are "flaky" sometimes. They redesigned all the cans and made them a little bit more round about 2 years ago. That is why it is tough to get the parts. He really was genuinely troubled that he couldn't just sell the parts.

I told him we could drum up a few orders for a SSE for a TLS if he ever wanted to make one. Maybe I can get some specs and we could make our own. Hmmmmmmm. :coocoo

·
Registered
8,965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thats right Chris. Even the new sleeves don't fit, you would have to buy new bolt ons, and then they would have to make new flanges :banghead. Good thing I went over and took parts, he dug around and only found 2 sleeves. Good for me, huh? I was lookng around in there with him, there aren't any hidden ones.:banghead

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
That pisses me off a bit, I went with the M4 because its less expensive to replace on my track bike. Now if/when I drop her, I will have to keep my fingers crossed about having to replace the system afterwards.
That sucks. Maybe a group buy for aftermarket replacement parts is in order. I would love to have some spares on hand.
Ken

·
Registered
8,965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Ken, I think we are out of luck, Kyle said they aren't planning to make any more TL exhausts. He said they sold well while the bikes were being produced but fell off after they quit making them. You can always call and ask.

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
but ill stick with my RS3 full.. its sounds soo much better then an M4..:devious :coocoo
Im calling Bullshit on this one.
M4's kill Yoshi's IMHO

·
Premium Member
24,892 Posts
umm, ever hear of sarcasm?

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
umm, ever hear of sarcasm?
Oh come on.. thought i'd at least get a better response than that..
That comment was nearly enough to start a full on war:laugh :laugh

You know as well as i do its each to there own..

1 - 20 of 38 Posts