TLZone Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, I'm new to the forum.. although my login details from rsvzone seem to work which is convenient! Just finishing off the restoration of my big girl (97 tl1000s-v in red) and thought I would introduce myself and let you see her. Bought for £650 from a friend that no longer wanted it, she was in a bit of a sorry state with cut down fairings, a horrible paint job, badly corroded casings, wheels in poor shape, needing fork seals, some new panels and a definite lick of paint.. few months down the line and i am just waiting for the delivery of my sticker kit and oem indicators. My mirrors aren't shown in the photos as I was so excited to get some photos earlier in the week and hadn't received them yet.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I am on the market for a steering damper mount or complete kit just as an a-side incase anyone has one going spare in the uk... Thanks.

·
Registered
3,462 Posts
You could get one of these natty little red numbers from China (they are ok - I've got one on my tiller) to match your paintwork.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Red-10-Steering-Damper-Stabilizer-Fit-Yamaha-YZF-R1-R6-R6S-YZR-400-600-1000-/321857982954?hash=item4af03b11ea:g:~kIAAOSwqu9VHi-~

Not sure what you'd do about mounting but this might be useful.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CNC-Steering-Damper-Suport-Bracket-Red-Fit-2009-2016-BMW-S1000RR-HP4-K42-K46-/281961749839?hash=item41a63add4f:g:1RAAAOSwP~tW4lI7

They aren't HyperPros to be sure but for the money they are fine.

·
Registered
2,920 Posts
Nice resto ! :thumbup

You'll be wanting some bar end weights too I'm picking .

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
they're in the post as we speak dude! forgot to mention them lol cheers :)

I've actually just sent my own design off for prototyping, but if i can pick up a decent tank mount between now and then I will probably just take it to save the agro.. This one should fit the stock damper unit along with the tlr yoke I have fitted...

·
Premium Member
6,828 Posts
really nice! - beautiful paintwork too - you new sticker kit will make it even better!

I have a damper that will look good on this - although the body would need a repaint - I have some standard bar end weights I could do you for as well..........

·
Premium Member
6,828 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Maybe it is a tls yoke then.. I assumed it was an r yoke as the damper mount was integrated into it. I can get the anodising turned off your nice blue one ;)

·
Premium Member
6,828 Posts
:laugh
No the one like yours is the later release model that's all. As you realise the first one's were bolted on jobbies....

You could get the blue turned off but a quick rub down, spot of primer and any paint colour you like would be quicker and cheaper me thinks............or even just a rub down and lacquer?

·
Premium Member
1,766 Posts
I'm more interested in the camera used to take those shots :)

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
they were taken with my old 40d and 50mm f1.8 prime lens buddy.. not the most expensive kit in the world, I did used to have alot of money invested in camera equipment.. but no longer.

i'll see what way the blue wants to come off.. tbh it won't be seeing alot of moisture so even a stiff rubbing with a scotchbrite would probably sort it out. Yeah I had noticed the pretty miserable looking bolt on kits that were available and on quite alot of early tls. The first time I saw the integrated mount was on this yoke, it was listed for a tls but I had assumed, incorrectly, that it was a tlr yoke. Thanks for the info.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts