TLZone Forums banner

1 - 20 of 261 Posts

·
Chief Moderator for my kids Julia & Kristen,
5,503 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
As probably everyone on TLP knows by now, we recently lost one of our own. Joey Talbot, aka Luminarystl, was killed in an accident on his new 'Busa and leaves behind his wife Tracy and two daughters.

The idea of collecting a monetary gift to be presented to his family from TLP arose in this thread. While money can't replace Joey, it can help toward paying his family's bills. It is probably safe to say that aside from the devastating emotional hardship, Joey's family faces likely financial hardship as well.

A gift from the members of TLP, aside from helping in a practical way, more importantly would provide a measure of comfort and moral support to Joey's family during this difficult time. Consider the impact on the survivors that a brotherhood of riders from around the globe, selflessly coming together to help them would have. A gift from us would serve as a tangible example that the family can hold onto that Joey mattered and that they are not alone.

Donate whatever you can, but don't feel compelled. I like the idea of this thread becoming a "roll call" for donors. Everyone who donates could post up here that they are in. No need to say for how much. There are a lot of members here and small amounts times large numbers equals a significant number. Also, seeing the number of people who are in would drive the point home that we are doing something meaningful here for Joey's family.

Send your donation to Duke's Paypal Lets get this off the ground. I will collect and after two weeks forward the donation and report the final total. I will also provide "status reports" to this thead to let everyone know what we are accomplishing as we go. Lets set the deadline for February 1.

If Flynbrian, who evidently personallly knew Joey, wants to hand deliver the card and the check, I will forward the card and check to him.

On that note, I'm in :)

·
Registered
8,879 Posts
Duken4evr said:
I suggest we have a volunteer collect all the payments via paypal, and then write a check to Tracy. I would be more than happy to do it, unless Flynbrian or anyone else close to Joey in real life wants to. Either way, it is something that needs to be done.

On that note, I'm in :)
I would prefer it to be someone like Yourself or Brian.....You guys are Rock Solid.

·
5,503 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Edited the original post. I will do it. :)

·
Premium Member
6,671 Posts
Will this include flowers at the funeral :O One collection, payment made, rest to family :O

·
5,503 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
To be honest, being a practical man with a mission to do the most good for the family, I prefer just to give money and a card. There will likely be be flowers from others local to Joey. Let me know if you disagree.

Paypal address fixed :)

Also, the not often seen enough around here Rupes has arisen from his endless modding sessions to donate. Thanks Rupes.
Paypals received from Mike Ford and TLDV8. You guys are the best. :hail

Edited - several more just came in. 15 minutes into this and we are up to $266. :)

·
Registered
120 Posts
:megaphone I'm in

·
Registered
480 Posts
I'm unemployed, but I'm still in. Why? Because you'd all do it for me and nothing is more important to someone greiving than the knowledge that others share their loss.

RIP, bro. May God comfort your family in their time of mourning and take special watch over your daughters in the times when you would have if you were still with us.

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
:stupid No income at the moment but i'm in and Paypal sent

·
Registered
6,760 Posts
Good initiative. Thanks Duken.

Paypal sent.

·
5,503 Posts