TLZone Forums banner

1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Many people have asked me if i'm going to build a second batch of TRE's

the answer: Yes, but not till after Xmas for obvious reasons.

The next batch will be fixed to a specific gear as i had trouble with the first lot with the resin eating into the switches. they will be set to 6th gear to suit TLR and TLS but i can (apon request) set them to 5th gear to suit Gixxers and Busa's

Price will be AUD$50+postage

reply if you are interested in one so i can get an idea on quantity of parts... as i said, i will not be starting these till after new year!

·
Registered
128 Posts

The next batch will be fixed to a specific gear as i had trouble with the first lot with the resin eating into the switches. they will be set to 6th gear to suit TLR and TLS but i can (apon request) set them to 5th gear to suit Gixxers and Busa's

reply if you are interested in one so i can get an idea on quantity of parts... as i said, i will not be starting these till after new year!
Hello Lowey

Do you have any TREs left over for a '97 TLS? My S is a bit lethargic and reluctant to hoist the front until she hits about 6k revs with over [half?] throttle opening (2nd gear + clutch at 30 to 40 MPH) then she get's a bit too lively! I guess the TRE re-enables higher power/torque at lower revs? Couple of questions for you if your don't mind :) :
  • I have a PCII fitted but not yet dynoed with the '97 ECU. Will I still benefit from a TRE?
  • also have a spare '97 Yosh Box tuned ECU - will this set up benefit too?
Cheers

Birdface

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hello Lowey

Do you have any TREs left over for a '97 TLS? My S is a bit lethargic and reluctant to hoist the front until she hits about 6k revs with over [half?] throttle opening (2nd gear + clutch at 30 to 40 MPH) then she get's a bit too lively! I guess the TRE re-enables higher power/torque at lower revs? Couple of questions for you if your don't mind :) :
  • I have a PCII fitted but not yet dynoed with the '97 ECU. Will I still benefit from a TRE?
  • also have a spare '97 Yosh Box tuned ECU - will this set up benefit too?
Cheers

Birdface
I don't have any TRE's left at the moment as i only made enough to fill the original order!

The way the TRE works is by to send a signal to the ECU saying that your bike is in 6th gear all the time. because in the first 4 gears, Suzuki change the ignition advance curve under half throttle, kind of a restriction to make the engine less responsive... This was either to make it less wheelie prone or for emition laws or whatever, i don't really know? But with the TRE installed, the engine is a lot more responsive and FEELS like it has more power...

The exception is, however, if you have a 97 model TLS with the original "F00" ECU. bike with this ECU were not restricted in the previously described way so they dont benefit from this mod, but if you have a "F01" ECU, it's the update version, therefore, restricted

Most bikes respond well to a TRE reguardless of what other mods you have done and in most cases, a TRE will compliment previous and/or future mods!
Having said that, i am a firm believer that the best mod on a fuel injected bike is a GOOD custom remap!

Hope this helps with your decision:thumbup

·
Registered
128 Posts
Thanks for the response Lowey. I have the F00 ECU and have just added a PCII which needs dyno time to map after I mod the airbox. The PCII makes a difference to pick up and eliminating stumbling at 4k however it still doesn't have the get-up-and-go I expected below 6k revs.

Bike came with no history but has Yosh RS3 end cans and K&N.

I also have another F00 ECU remapped on a Yosh Box by previous owner (hope to try this at the weekend - without the PCII - as a comparason).

Cheers

JK

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Holy shit! Youhave 2 F00 ECU's:eek:mg I thought those things were quite rare after Suzuki did the recall! Lucky you!

You could try a TRE on them but i dont think you'll get much benifit from it? Unless you have a crook GPS and it's sending funny signals to the ECU... Then it may be of some benifit.

Steve TLS, chime in here

He's had problems with the GPS in the past so he'd be the person to ask about that!

:cheers

·
Registered
128 Posts
Holy shit! Youhave 2 F00 ECU's:eek:mg I thought those things were quite rare after Suzuki did the recall! Lucky you!

You could try a TRE on them but i dont think you'll get much benifit from it? Unless you have a crook GPS and it's sending funny signals to the ECU... Then it may be of some benifit. :cheers
Thanks Dude!

·
Registered
149 Posts

Hey Lowey Please count me in for sure.

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
So to start the list:

1: SteveTassyTL 97'
2: Veetwin4me
3: Yakko 98+

Birdface, did you decide against gettin a TRE?

Veetwin4me, what year is your bike?

·
Registered
112 Posts
So to start the list:

1: SteveTassyTL 97'
2: Veetwin4me
3: Yakko 98+
4: metal doc - 2003 TLS
Te be specific: i want one TRE for my TL1000R from the year 2000. I suspect to be futher noticed about shipping and payment, either way thnx in advance you guys!!!

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Just to confirm, i haven't started building these yet, just taking order so i can get an idea on quantity:thumbup

Production is likely to start just after Xmas and new year!

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The list:

1: SteveTassyTL - 97
2: Veetwin4me - ?
3: Yakko - 98+
4: metal doc - 98+
5: funlicker - 97

Guys, all i need to know is if your bike is a 97 TLS or a 98+ TLS/R.... The 98+ are all the same. Only the 97 TLS is different!:thumbup

·
Registered
149 Posts
2: Veetwin4me - 98+

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
6: h0ssman - 97

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
hey guys, progress has been slow what with all the festivities this time of the year... i plan to make a start within the next couple of weeks, but i would like the list to grow a little bit to at least 10-15 just to make it a worth while thing so if there is anyone else interested in one of these babies, then please chime in here!

4: funlicker - 97

·
Registered
149 Posts
Lowey,

Strawb09 will be in this batch for sure we are both keen to get one.

4: funlicker - 97
5: Strawb09 - 98+??

Come on guys get on board so we can get this happening.

1 - 20 of 73 Posts