TLZone Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello fellow TL lovers! This last July I was fortunate to find a low mileage 1997 TLS sitting in Anaheim CA, it had 3172 miles on it. It has a full Yoshi exhaust system, and came with the stock exhaust as well. It's an absolute unicorn! I put about 400 miles on it since buying it. I can't believe I found this sweet machine in this condition. I rode a 1999 model daily from 2000-2004 and put 33,000 miles on it. I'm wondering how many other bikes are out there with low mileage. I just saw one posted in Arizona with just under 6000 miles which is really amazing as well.
Please let me know if you know of a lower mileage bike. Cheers!
Tire Wheel Land vehicle Fuel tank Automotive fuel system

John S.
Southern California

Attachments

· Registered
132 Posts
Congrats! Thats a great find! They are out there have to find em.
My guess is lot of ppl got scared from all the suspension quirks and rode less or their daily life nonsense got in way..and bike just sat....who knows? Do you know the story of your bike?
I bought my TLS 00 3 yrs ago with 5200 miles bone stock from young guy cca in his 30's, married, kids, wife, debts...he barely rode it and bought it off his machinist father co worker who retired n felt too old to ride...

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks! I just saw your comment. I bought it off the original owner who was 58, he bought it after crashing a Ducati that he owned prior and the only other bike he had ever owned. I think it scared him a bit and he was only keeping it in hopes of it being worth big money someday. That day hasn't arrived yet but I ended up with a magnificent example and couldn't be happier:)

Congrats on your bike, sounds like you got a sweet find yourself!

· Registered
18 Posts
Congrats on a great find. I bought a red '97 one like yours just after I arrived to work in Hong Kong in 2000 because I loved it on the test ride. I think it also had about 3,000 miles on the clock, with Yoshimura exhausts. I sold it back to the dealer the next day, because it was completely impractical in Hong Kong's traffic. Bought a Yamaha 1300 instead, then swapped that for a Valkyrie. But I never forgot that TL and found another '97 model in 2004 when I was back in the UK. It was green, had 3,300 miles on the clock, the Maxton suspension conversion and an unknown brand of aftermarket cans, plus the originals. I moved to Abu Dhabi, then to South Africa, and the TL came with me. I still have it and still love it. It's done only 6,400 miles and I reckon I'll keep it forever. Enjoy!
Tire Wheel Plant Fuel tank Vehicle

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you!

That is a beautiful bike you have there, and an amazing story to go with it. It's so nice to see another well preserved example with very low mileage. I figure there has to be quite a few out there somewhere, but most of the bikes I see for sale are usually in the 10,000-30,000 mile range. I was just curious and wondered if anyone knew of another TLS with lower mileage, and I haven't found one yet. I'm hoping to, so that I don't feel so bad about racking up miles on this one, I just went over 3,700. I guess it doesn't matter since I don't plan on selling it, I'll just enjoy riding and looking at it for the rest of my life:)

· Registered
580 Posts
I think some guys from Japan can find some low miles examples in stock for sale without any troubles :) So many low miles cars and bikes i have watched on their auctions.

· Registered
50 Posts
Hello fellow TL lovers! This last July I was fortunate to find a low mileage 1997 TLS sitting in Anaheim CA, it had 3172 miles on it. It has a full Yoshi exhaust system, and came with the stock exhaust as well. It's an absolute unicorn! I put about 400 miles on it since buying it. I can't believe I found this sweet machine in this condition. I rode a 1999 model daily from 2000-2004 and put 33,000 miles on it. I'm wondering how many other bikes are out there with low mileage. I just saw one posted in Arizona with just under 6000 miles which is really amazing as well.
Please let me know if you know of a lower mileage bike. Cheers! View attachment 66405

John S.
Southern California

1 - 8 of 8 Posts