TLZone Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all...it has been a while since i have logged in here but browse every so often. Nice to see people still keep things going.
I have a 2000 TL R and have the Soupy’s lowering links. So this goes back many many years ago but if i try to have the bike in the lowest setting it sounds like i have a chain issue. I keep adjusting the chain and have tried it loose (not too loose) and tight to see if it goes away but its pretty loud. I dont go for a ride with it because it does not sound good. As soon as i let the clutch out it starts. Flat ground, first gear. I am sure it wont go away. I emailed their ebay account and no response. Just curious if anyone from here has had this issue. I can usually fix anyone elses problems but i dont have the ambition to pull it apart again. If anyone has any ideas i would greatly appreciate it. Oh it has a stock front drive gear and maybe one number or two up on the back, chain is new and no issues until lowest setting.
Thanks in advance and i hope everyone is doing well.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Just picked up my first TLR, which came with the same lowering kit. Noticed the sound as well, in the exact same situations, at low speed/gear, and noticed there was some chain marks on my swingarm and pipe. Problem went away when I fitted an Ohlins shock, with the correct spring rate and stock ride height, thus giving me the right rider sag. While I cannot be sure, I'd assume the sounds you're hearing are from the chain hitting the swingarm/pipe, because of incorrect rider sag. Having the rear set up correctly becomes extra important when you're lowering the bike, as you're given less wiggle room in terms of chain slack when effectively bringing the chain closer to the pipe and lower swingarm.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts