TLZone Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased a used set of lowering links of a board member that didn't come with instructions. I emailed the ebay seller who sells them asking for a copy, but no response.

Anyone out there can give me a quick idea how to install these or have a copy of the instructions they can scan/email/fax?

·
Registered
442 Posts
When i installed mine i took the tail section off and use a 2x4 to spread the swing arm and sub-frame apart (had the rear tire off on a stand..u dont have 2) so it would give u slack in the suspension....u have to remove the long bolt that goes threw both the links....12mm or 14mm u will need a socket on both ends..to get to the right side u have to take of the heel guard and the loosen the shifter cylinder thing (not the tech term lol) it has a pin in the back of it that lets u loosen it up.....then take something that wont damage that long bolt and when u are ready and tap out that bolt carefully...the bike wont try to collapse bc of the 2x4....then take the two bolt off the top of the short and long link..10mm-12mm....when u go to install your lowering links the longer of the 2 links stock top bolt is 2 long...i replaced it with a shorter 1 and backed it with a nut....after that install the second one..much easier if you had a another set of hands....if you need any more help pm me or give me a call...ill hit u up with my number in a pm..also man im planing on boring my out and putting the bearing back in or put grease inserts in them....right now i just left it

1 - 4 of 4 Posts