TLZone Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,648 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just about getting a little pissed off with me put put.:rant for some rason all year i've had issues at tick over and slow speed running. it stalls a fair bit too until it's up to temp. then it's not as bad. it'll idle at 1,500 perfectly. then all of a sudden drop to 1,200 or less. sometimes stalling..:banghead it's also very hard to ride it around below 40 mph. very jerky. semms to work better with the revs above 4,000. i'v e had the bike for 8.5 years from new..... it's never been this bad ever... done all the usual. tps tb's plugs,leads,caps, ckecked for vacume leaks..... running out of ideas....
help.:)

·
Premium Member
24,892 Posts
You might want to think about checking valve clearances if you haven't lately. If still no luck try richeing up the fuel mixture at those rpm's or even setting the TPS so that its on the verge of being too advanced (i.e. reads that the throttle is more open than it actually is).

I'm sure there's plenty of other things to check, but that's what came to my mind at the moment

good luck

·
Registered
3,648 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
will chech the valves. cheers dude.

·
Registered
782 Posts
did you ever get this resolved? mine is having the same problem but it isn't jerky it just stalls out for a second when i get on the throttle pretty hard.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Mine's also jerky below 4000 revs. Talked to a couple of TL owners and they say it is normal. Tillers want to be driven hard. They're build for the track.

·
Registered
4,047 Posts
UH, the jerkyness was gone after i spent some time Re-syncronizing my throttle bodies. On the TLS it take some time.. you do the coarse ajust with the Linkage screw.. then the fine adjust with the air screws.. it will take some time to balance it.. but once you get it, the jerkeyness is just about completly gone and slow speed riding is OK. Just follow the manual and all will be good. Mine from the factory was not right.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts