TLZone Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
allright when i moved my bike over to my buds house there was one small concern that has been bothering me.

when i rode the bike it was maybe 28 degrees outside and i know this 'prolly had a lot to do with it. bu the air/oil seperator i made for my bike was releasing a LOT of vapors. my friend following behind said at first he thought maybe i blew the engine or something. when i got off the bike to check what was going on, cause to be honest when i saw it all in the rear view my first thought was somehow my scooter battery shorted and i had a fire in the tail section. all i noticed was a lot of oily watery condensation inside my tailsection. not really heavy with oil but enough to cause concern.

what could this be a sign of? my rings starting to go bad and getting more blow by? just possible build up since it had bee like a week since i rode the bike last combined with the temps?

the more i find out about my bike's past the more i am wanting to rebuild the motor. i have heard from a friend that it was wrecked at least twice before i came into it. and it was basically a bunch a guys's wheelie whore bike for a while before they got rid of it. i was sold it being told it had only 4000 mi on teh motor but i think thats a crock. as i have stated here before i think i may be way down on power compared to a healthy TLR cause with my 45tooth rear sprocket i cant even clutch it up in third. and everyone say i should be fighting to keep the front end on the ground wiht that size a rear sprocket it all just makes me:confused how much longer the motor has

·
Upside Down Super Mod,
29,860 Posts
:dunno

You sure you made / plumbed the separator correctly? How long has it been on and has it been ok in the past with it on?

Unless you flog a cold engine badly and smash piston rings, the wear is usually gradual and not ok one day stuffed the next sort of thing for ring wear.

Do the usual stuff though, do a compression and a leakdown test and see what the results of those are. Unless you do that, everything else is really a guess.

Double check the plumbing of your separator too.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for the advice steve. i think i have my air/oil seperator routed correctly. i epoxied in some 1/2 ID plumbing fittings to each valvecover which each have their own line to the seperator and then routed a third gravity fed drainback line from the air/oil sperator to where the pair valve used to be.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts