TLZone Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
5,858 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Righto.....first up i want to say that i am not supporting any thing i saw in the video...to a lot of you guys this is going to be a touchy subject but what the hell...we are a long way away from 9/11 over here....sure we were all appalled at the events that took place but for a lot of you guys it happened in your back yard...whats your take on the loose change video and the claims they make on said video....this thing is being down loaded by a lot of people so i guess a lot of people are interested...why dont the powers that be come forward and answer the endless questions in the video...like i say not trying to start a fire here just interested in your thoughts

·
Premium Member
24,892 Posts
I've not seen the video but I work for and often in the Pentagon:O

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
Because a lot of the claims are assinine. People love conspiracy theories. Just because people download that shit gives it no credibility.

·
Pygmy looking for a new name
14,150 Posts
I don't know if it's the video that I've seen, but the one I saw makes a lot of unscientific assumptions and presents them as facts. If you look closer and do some research you can refute quite a bit of what they say.

·
Registered
2,386 Posts
Remember, if there were any truth to that stuff the George Bush-hating media would be all over it in a very heavy-handed way because they want nothing more than to topple the Bush Administration. So instead they'll let the rumors persist by not doing anything to set the record straight.

·
Registered
5,858 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
gixxerjasen said:
I don't know if it's the video that I've seen, but the one I saw makes a lot of unscientific assumptions and presents them as facts. If you look closer and do some research you can refute quite a bit of what they say.
thats kind of thing that got me with this thing.....they didnt really find any answers...they just asked questions that to this day they say havent been answered..if thats true then why not....off the top of my head one that rings a bell was the coroner from where ever the jet crashed into the field says he has never seen a drop of blood let alone a body or parts....:O if this sort of stuff isnt true then its a disgrace that these guys can make videos with claims like this and the many other questions they raise.....would have thought they be shut down out of respect to the families involved.Maybe we live in a sheltered little world over here and cant see the big picture.....:O

·
Premium Member
24,892 Posts
My guess is that the video is crap, but despite a huge deviation from our original stance towards freedom, the US still has a basically free policy towards media entertainment or otherwise and if folks want to publish stupid crap they are free to do so for the most part.

At least some of the folks who died in 9/11 were working to secure the freedom of the country and I expect they'd be horrified if a fundamental aspect of freedom in the US was compromised out of respect to them and their death. So in at least some ways, shutting down films such as the one in question, no matter how poorly done they may be, could be regarded as much more disrespectful to the memory of those who died than the film itself could ever be. Then there's the issue of future precedents to worry about.....

·
14,150 Posts
voodootwin said:
Remember, if there were any truth to that stuff the George Bush-hating media would be all over it in a very heavy-handed way because they want nothing more than to topple the Bush Administration. So instead they'll let the rumors persist by not doing anything to set the record straight.
Yes and no. In the end, you have people who's family members were on planes that either crashed as reported or some other way. If you as a media organization come out and publicly support this stuff and go on the Bush attack, you are also attacking the people who are no longer with us. This would be media suicide. The media aren't stupid and know how to pick and choose their battles.

...subject change.

I remember seeing in one of the videos where they were asking where were the wings and debris from the plane that crashed into the pentagon. They showed debris fields where planes had crashed into mountains and such. However, crashing through multi-layered walls of a fortified building is quite different from crashing into a mountainside. Debris has places to go and gets ground up as it goes further through the building. Mountain pieces tend to bounce and rebound and fly around. We don't have a lot to compare this stuff to.

·
Who loves you
3,370 Posts
If you have seen the security camera video from the pentagon you can see the plane just as it hits. So how anyone can dispute that is beyond me. Also, there was PLENTY of plane parts found in the Pentagon.

I have no knowledge of what was found or not found at the PA flight 93 crash site, but I do know from first hand experience that a much smaller much lighter twin engine beechcraft crashed at the Hanover Airport not far from where I live. It was going in the nieghborhood of 280 mph when it hit the earth and they found one of the engines a bit more than 12 feet underground, they never found the other one and the pilot was identified by dental remains/DNA. So I assume a jumbo jet flying at or above 300mph and pretty much coming straight into the ground would not leave a lot of wreckage.

What pisses me of more than anything is the idiot people that publish this crap AS IF IT IS TRUE and UNDISPUTABLE.

·
Premium Member
24,892 Posts
So the film claims that a plane didn't hit the pentagon:dowhat

·
Who loves you
3,370 Posts
BikePilot said:
So the film claims that a plane didn't hit the pentagon:dowhat
I am not sure, I saw something where they claimed that and I am assuming to some degree that this is it. But I am not 100% sure, so just consider that a general statement made to the idiots that do say a plane did not hit the Pentagon.

·
Premium Member
24,892 Posts
There were way too many people that saw the plane hit to possibly belive otherwise, the area it hit is in clear view of the I-395 overpass which is always super packed with cages at that time, then at any given time in the morning there's probably a couple hundred people in the south parking area and of course all the poor folks in the building. No way all that could have been covered or made up.

·
14,150 Posts
There's conspiracy theories that it was a US fired missile, not a plane. Like I said, don't know if this is the same vid I've seen....I'm at work and don't open ANY videos here.

·
Registered
945 Posts
After reading this post, I read a bit from the Loose Change site and it does claim that it was a cruise missile not a plane. They said that security camera footage was taken from several businesses around there and has never been shown. I agree with Josh in that there would be way too many people around to try to cover up a missile. :O

·
Moderator,
8,243 Posts
There's a new book that just came out by the folks at Popular Mechanics (believe it or not) that addresses these conspiracy theories. I heard an interview with the author the other day and he really takes these doofuses apart. Sorry, I can't remember the name of the book, but you can probably find it on the PM website.

·
Premium Member
24,892 Posts
It wouldn't be hard to debunk the cruise missile idea, I mean really I'm all for a good conspirsey theory, but its got to be at least sorta beliveable....

·
14,150 Posts
Exactly, I'm all for quetioning what we are told, but come on folks...

·
Registered
612 Posts
conspiracy theories have their place ... kinda like a tabloid magazine ...perfect reading while taking a dook.

It is obvious that most (if not all) conspiracy theories are for entertainment purposes. The real questions and answers are left out to facilitate the spread of the theory.
What always gets me is that the facts are so much more interesting then made up stuff - focus on what happend to the people who tried to take pictures of the WTC after 9/11 - that's alot more interesting and it's based in fact.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts