TLZone Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
651 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
looking to paint my 1997 TLS right now the previous owner has it a burgany type but it has a "rip drew" on it and want to get rid of it. Looking at british racing green (like a forrest green with black into it) but have not decided what color decals like suzki etc.. on it. It does already have carbon fiber mirrors so i was thinking carbon fiber foot pegs to match the mirrors and inst. cluster, have my yoshi slip on's powedercoated poss black and looking at color brake lines 9need help deciding lol)

so the questions are:

do you think the color is good?
what would look good with it decal wise "suzuki" on tank etc...?
what color brake lines? (hel or galfer) I am thinking silver hmmm
powedercoated parts (thinking black or silver/gray)?

·
Registered
96 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,171 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,171 Posts

·
Registered
651 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
man that racing green is sick (nice) also the bike is not bad itself lol...may have to buy fromn colorrite also checking out that guy from ebay and will let you gusy know how it works out.

thanks guys and also any other comments would be cool like color of brake lines ;o)

·
Premium Member
7,697 Posts
The british racing green looks nice with real CF and gold, but paint the intake nostrils green to match instead of the fake CF that doesn't look very good there anyway. A white or gold triple stripe (broad center stripe flanked by two thinner white stripes) down the middle of the CF front fender, fairing, tank, and tail cover. Black panels on the tank where your knees go. Pipe-wrap (the fabric texture goes well with the CF). Then bar-end mirrors or the mirrors from an RF (they have longer stalks that mount to the TLS bases). CF wheels from Dymag or Blackstone Tech. Gold anodized frame and swingarm, gold Busa forks and calipers. Spray all the CF with green clear candy tint.

·
Registered
2,879 Posts
carbon footpegs? none made.

someone say green with black wheels?

·
Premium Member
1,171 Posts

Now that's cool looking! Nice bike man! It seems to have all the works on it too!! No offence but....what's up with that leather stuff on your tank? Is that to preserve it for the next guy? :confused

·
Registered
2,879 Posts
It's just a tank bra to keep the paint looking ok...don't really care, just never bothered to take it off. I'm getting close to 65k miles, there is no next guy :)

·
Premium Member
1,171 Posts
It's just a tank bra to keep the paint looking ok...don't really care, just never bothered to take it off. I'm getting close to 65k miles, there is no next guy :)
Ok that's cool, never really saw them in europe, there is some other stuff available like a tankpad and for the sides there is something that is called stompgrip, it's clear and not so noticable and gives you better looks IMHO that is.
Good to hear that there is no next guy, your bike looks awesome man!

·
Premium Member
24,892 Posts
Yep, can't beat the British racing green:deal Its the classic/original TLS color imho. I also really like the frogsnot green/yellow like Mike, Les and Rufer's bikes, pitty it was never sold in the US:drool

·
Premium Member
1,171 Posts
TL of the month???

I'd like to nominate this bike for TL of the month! I have no say in it that's for sure but hey, it sure fit's the description:O

·
Registered
671 Posts
make it an orange creamcycle :)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts