TLZone Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There is one of these for sale and I am trying to find a pic of one online with no luck.......so can anyone else find it?.......1961 Indian 100cc 2 stroke.....aaannnd GO!!!

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah I got that too!! :laugh :laugh

·
Registered
5,858 Posts
I think indian ceased as a company in the early 50s,i didnt think anything was built again until late 60s when a former distributor of indians had a crack at a revival but it didnt really go anywere,there was a 500 released by him in 1970.:O

·
Registered
8,879 Posts
MIKE FORD said:
I think indian ceased as a company in the early 50s,i didnt think anything was built again until late 60s when a former distributor of indians had a crack at a revival but it didnt really go anywere,there was a 500 released by him in 1970.:O
:)

There was also the rebadged Beveldrive Ducati

..and perhaps the most bizarre..Remember when the Britten V1000 was going to be released as a road bike rebadged as an Indian...There were even concept drawings in AMCN.

http://www.motorcycle.com/mo/mcnews/indian1.html
The Aussie has apparently paid two million to the Massachusetts court, and a further 1.2 million to a Northern California Indian parts manufacturer in order to acquire rights to the Indian name. John Britten, producer of the Britten V1000 race bike, has apparently promised to help design yet another new Indian, this one to be "on the cutting edge of technology".
Near all Indian activity in the 1960's was the work of Floyd Clymer.

·
Registered
5,858 Posts
:dowhat interesting read,got to feel sorry for all those people that have lost money,wonder if the connection to john britten was true or just a bit of name dropping.i guess if it was done right there would be plenty of buyers,always wondered how that Victory bike sells in the states.

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I figured it was a rebadge......royal enfields were the popular small ones in the 60's.
Nice pics

1 - 11 of 11 Posts