TLZone Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,havn't been on here for ages and looking for a bit of advice,someone I know has a year 2000 TL-R for sale for £2600 or so with 20,000miles on the clock,just wondered if this was a fair price? Its a trader so I know its likely to be a bit high but it looks like its in good condition.Anyone got any advice?

·
Registered
127 Posts
Have you got any pictures, any history, is it standard or as it got some nice extras, what the colours kid

·
Registered
241 Posts
I paid 4,000 for my 2000 tlr with 11,000 miles mint, with vanson leather jacket and yosh rs3 exhaust.A few wirring problems all fixed other than that hang on!!!

·
Registered
127 Posts
I paid £1,300. with 1300 miles on it. (pound a mile) i think its mint for the money. full service history, Tax'ed and Mot'ed. ebay bargain.

·
Registered
7 Posts
try this:

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classif...ge/1/sort/priceasc/quicksearch/true&logcode=p

sorry about the length of the link. u'll have to copy and paste it into a new window. for anyone who cant be assed to look, its a 13,600 mile 1998 TLR for £1900. cheapest TLR on biketrader at the mo. If ur thinking of spending £2600 though, there are a few nice bike out there. on balance and in total honesty, u might get a little bit more for your money if you go for a TLS. im sure your aware of the things to look out for on both models. If you have slightly deeper pockets (£3k) then you can have your choice of some nice 02/03 machines with dealer warenties. Its all about personal choice really. Personally, id buy a £1500 TLS, and spend the extra grand on doing things to it.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I bought my TLs for 2500 seven years ago :banghead it had like 27000 on the ticker and wasnt really working. After spending a crap load of cash I got it going for eight fast years - now I am doing it all over again <grins> :puke

·
Registered
250 Posts
TLR £1800 with 26k from memory, mint and standard except microns with service history, you can get a good choice for sub £2k, red ones fetch naff all when i was searching.

Chris

·
The Suck, Squeeze, Bang, Blow Moderator,
15,419 Posts
I'll have a blue/white one for sale soon :)

·
The Suck, Squeeze, Bang, Blow Moderator,
15,419 Posts
Yeah but you've took all the good bits off it :laugh
Unfortunately they don't make a bike worth anymore than stock :banghead

It'll have loud cans on it :laugh

1 - 20 of 26 Posts