1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Premium Member
24,892 Posts
Lol, the never-ending debate. I wouldn't get a GS based on reliability issues, never ridden one so don't know if I'd care for it otherwise. I've ridden a 'Strom before and it was ok. Nothing all that amazing, very tame compared to a TL but also drastically more comfortable. Its not at all a dual sport bike, I'd say strictly a road bike although it would be somewhat better on poorly paved or dirt roads than a TL. Motor was smooth and about like a TL below 7k rpm. After 7k the TL takes off and it doesn't. Its also geared super high, I think I was doing close to 70mph at 3500rpm:coocoo

·
Registered
2,695 Posts
I seriously considered getting a DL. It was down to the DRZSM, the SV650, and the DL. I really wanted something comfy yet sporty, but sitting on the DL just didn't get me excited. I wanted something I could commute on, but still rip it up in the twisties and I didn't feel I could do that with the DL. It would be a perfect 2nd bike for me. I could flog the DRZ all day long, but long trips are not practicle. But I felt I could ride the DL all day long

·
Pygmy looking for a new name
14,150 Posts
I seriously considered getting a DL. It was down to the DRZSM, the SV650, and the DL. I really wanted something comfy yet sporty, but sitting on the DL just didn't get me excited. I wanted something I could commute on, but still rip it up in the twisties and I didn't feel I could do that with the DL. It would be a perfect 2nd bike for me. I could flog the DRZ all day long, but long trips are not practicle. But I felt I could ride the DL all day long
Exactly my dilemma at the moment. I tell ya though...looking at insurance rates, the Tards kick ass.

·
Moderator,
2,701 Posts
Try the 650 on for a ride. Smaller and fun, but comfy with a touch of power. Wrote up as one of the best bikes youll never buy when compaired to all the flag ships.

·
Registered
2,695 Posts
...looking at insurance rates, the Tards kick ass.
lol, I was about to get into that but decided to stay on topic, but that's the reason I chose the DRZ. I was looking at an SV, but it was over a grand a year for full coverage, the DL and the tard weren't too far apart, but I couldn't do the DL.

·
Premium Member
24,892 Posts
My lighting fast, 17hp DR250 is $100/yr for ins:lol

·
Pygmy looking for a new name
14,150 Posts
My lighting fast, 17hp DR250 is $100/yr for ins:lol
Man you getting ripped off in the DC area. :laugh

I suppose that's for full coverage though....still I'd have thought that little thing woulda been cheaper.

·
Premium Member
24,892 Posts
Nah, liability only - 24yo, one ticket and DC area. Really cheep all things considered:thumbup

1 - 9 of 9 Posts