TLZone Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Posted some pix of my third child (99"TLR). Never thought I could love a machine so much. Got her from my uncle who bought it from my old man. $4500 w 6K on it. Things I want to do are below

Galfer Front/Rear/Clutch steal Braided lines
Rear Fender eliminator (I already have Led front/rear turn signals to help slim profile)
D&D Full exhaust polished aluminum kind
K&N Air Filter
Power Commander III
Blue Xenon Headlamps

I really want to keep my upgrades simple and somewhat cosmetic. I absolutly love how cleanmy bike is for being a 99" and cant wipe the smile off my face the entire time im on it.:) I mean come on its noy like you all dont know what im talking about..so I want to keep it simple, clean and a little bit more of a bump up in performance. Can anyone give an suggestions on other simple mods I can do for more power?? I dont want to change any of the gearing (stock now) just because i ve done with other bikes and I dont like the way the gears are shortened so much. Good people on this site..only my second thread

·
Registered
13,114 Posts
TRE

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I ve read up on and not sure if i want to disable the speed limiter. sounds dumb i know but I kinda like how stock the bike is and not sure if that upgrade is worth it?

·
Registered
13,114 Posts
don't know what youre reading but its not a speed limiter . its a power unlimiter.

wotid.com and look around

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Trust me, a TRE will make the bike run smoother and give better response... Also, junk the rear rotary and throw a bitubo or similar in... You wont regret it!

Also, do the airbox mod.. more power and more roar. And it's free (DIY)

Rifleman's 1/5 throttle insert... does nothing to performance, but it feel like it gives you more :devious

Do the + mod and the charging mod.. Gives better over all performance

If you are confident enough, you could open the wiring loom up and solder all the crimp joins in the loom... Eliminates voltage drops and increases performance...

There's a good list to start with! :thumbup

·
Registered
2,684 Posts
don't know what youre reading but its not a speed limiter . its a power unlimiter.

wotid.com and look around

Yeup, and a smoother-outa, and for me, an easier starter. Well worth the $2 I spent. Or if you want plug in, $12.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I agree with the tre. A set of bolt on cans (yoshi carbons) is good start also. I understand the grin. My 00 had 7k on it and super clean and bone stock when I got it. Better hide your wallet when the mod bug bites.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,684 Posts
I ve read up on and not sure if i want to disable the speed limiter. sounds dumb i know but I kinda like how stock the bike is and not sure if that upgrade is worth it?

You are thinking of K series 'busa's and gixxer thou's: they have a speed limiter in 6th gear, which as an added bonus to it's other functions, you can by-pass if you use a 5th gear TRE (7.5kohm resister). For TL's I'd reccomend using a 6th gear TRE (15kohm resister). This gives you the ram-air map, but doesn't seem to effect fuel economy unduly.

·
Registered
2,386 Posts
After market pipes, Power Commander, mod the airbox, dump the pair valve, and gets some gear for your body. Mesh stuff works well for warm climates. (Your epidermis will love you for it.)

·
Registered
410 Posts
That's a nice clean bike. But as Voodootwin said, you've got to wear some decent riding gear. I know Florida is humid, but still...

·
Registered
326 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts