TLZone Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I inquired with Ed Sorbo, owner of Lindemann Engineering (the founder, Jim Lindemann, passed away some time ago) as to the availability of the Penske shock setup for the TLS ... apparently Penske can make the shock to order, but the design of the associated brackets has been lost. He's been in search of a TLS owner who would be willing to loan those brackets such that they could be measured to be made available once again. If someone owning that suspension happens to be in the middle of a teardown/rebuild, loaning the parts back to Ed could add another option to the list available rear suspension possibilities ... many thanks to anyone willing to do this!

Ed's contact info:
Ed Sorbo
Lindemann Engineering
[email protected]
(909) 838-4587

Matt

·
Registered
1998 TLS; 2001 TLR; 200X TLRSF
4,322 Posts
Matt, That is nice that Ed is willing to fab parts for such an old machine. (y)

Have you considered other manufacturers also? Ohlins? Hagon? Maxton? Wilbers?

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Six5,
Yeah, I know of several of the other options … I have an Öhlins damper on another TLS, but my understanding is that the Öhlins is no longer available. I don’t know much about the Hagon or Maxton. The Wilbers appears to be quite good … it looks fairly similar to the Hyperpro, I think. Having picked up a few TLS machines for a good price recently (since they need significant work), I’m just weighing options to fix one up to keep and one to sell. The setup that interests me most is adapting a TLR shock/swingarm with its linkage.
Either way, I do appreciate Ed’s willingness to make this available as well. He did ask how many units I might expect could be sold … of that, I have no idea.
Matt

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
Nice of Lindemanns to offer I would say. If anyone could loan them a suitably equipped TLS for a day I'm sure there wold be some good will all around.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts