TLZone Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
8,965 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok fella's and Gals, I need an 800# spring for my TLS SOAS. Lindemann only currently has two orders and must order 10 springs to get Eibach to make a run. I offered to pay more and may get one for a higher price.

It would be nice if some of the folks on here would order one up and help a brother out.

Also he said folks bailed out of his TLR linkage order and is down to 2 or so.

This is good stuff. Call him at (408) 371-6151, email him at [email protected] or go to the website

·
Registered
11,556 Posts
Doug, how much are you talking about here :O

·
Registered
2,009 Posts
Just a thought the stock spring on the F3 conversion Showa for the TLR I seem to remember is an 800 lb spring, it might be too big in diameter to cram into a TLS. Probably would have to machine some new end mounts to fit the different diameter from the tls spring on a stick but it might be workable. Anyway just a thought.

·
Registered
600 Posts

·
Registered
8,895 Posts
Toledo said:
Doug, how much are you talking about here :O
They used to be around the $125 mark but are well worth it.I though i would be to light at 190 lbs (200+ with gear) but it is much better than the stocker.

Thanks again Mat :thumbup

·
Registered
2,708 Posts
Doug try and call Mike @ CTS MOTO. I went through him to get my 800# spring about 2months ago.

·
Registered
11,001 Posts
...they are worth it:thumbup...got mine for $125 installed, shipped - :hail Mr. Dobalina...

·
Registered
389 Posts
I e-mailed mike at ctsmoto and he was unable to get me the spring from his supplier. Vandriver if you can do better than $125.00 shipped I'll buy from you. OLDTLSDOUG I'll give Jim a call and see about his pricing. I am very much interested in gettin one.

·
Banned
5,308 Posts
Penske

Someone should call Bruce at Penske, they stock a large supply on hypercoil springs. They might have them.

Post if you call, so everyone does not call for the same thing,
(610) 375-6180

·
Upside Down Super Mod,
29,855 Posts
I get

OD 55mm
ID 34.5mm
Free length 193mm (I don't trust that though, more than 70,000km on it)

I don't know how you measure coils, but it's like 11.75 turns from start end to finish end.

(edit, you can count them in Les's picture)

·
Registered
2,879 Posts
There's a spring on a stick that just came on ebay that has a 750 or 800 lb spring. It's at a dollar right now I think.

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
Hey Steve,
I just went out & measured my old spring that has been sitting on my garage shelf for 6 years or so. Had about 8,000 miles on it when it was removed. Free length I got is right around 195mm as I got a few readings of 197mm close to the edge where the spring coil starts on either end. But that figure moves downward as you spin around the base of the spring & make measurements elsewhere.

·
Registered
8,965 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I am going to get Jim to make them, I just wondered if anyone else needed one to help on the price. I believe the price originally was $110.00 but I told him I would go at least $150.00 if he would just get them. He is a little reluctant to just get 10 springs that he may be stuck with, so if you fella's order up, he will feel better. I am absolutely sure Mr. Lindemann will fix me up, I just thought I could bring the price down by posting up.

Vandriver, PM me and let me know what is up sir.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts