TLZone Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,285 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what the max load that can be run on a TLs ?
im running 2 X H3 55W at present.
(these will be used as reversing/work lights eventualy on the back of the 4X4 once i get my custom lights for the bike)

can i use 100W ? or 130W ?

·
Premium Member
24,892 Posts
The things to worry about are melting the connectors and slowly draining the battery in the event the charging system can't keep up. I have no idea how much current the connectors can handle, but if they are clean and making good contact they are not likely to become a problem.

The charging system doesn't have a lot of extra capacity. The stock TL runs two 55wt lights. I can add to this 30wts of heated grips and be fine, but then if I add my 60wt heated vest to all the above the battery very slowly starts to go flat (it would take probably 12 hours of riding to discharge the bat enough that it wouldn't start). I've set it up so that I run one headlight when I use the vest, works out fine.

·
Premium Member
7,285 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
BikePilot said:
The things to worry about are melting the connectors and slowly draining the battery in the event the charging system can't keep up. I have no idea how much current the connectors can handle, but if they are clean and making good contact they are not likely to become a problem.

The charging system doesn't have a lot of extra capacity. The stock TL runs two 55wt lights. I can add to this 30wts of heated grips and be fine, but then if I add my 60wt heated vest to all the above the battery very slowly starts to go flat (it would take probably 12 hours of riding to discharge the bat enough that it wouldn't start). I've set it up so that I run one headlight when I use the vest, works out fine.

i'll just stick with what im running untill i get my new lights/custom surround in aughust next year (tax return time) $1300AUD :eek

1 - 5 of 5 Posts