TLZone Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,289 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got back from Gran Canary last week:hail whilst we were there, there was a great thunder and lightening storm over the see. Awsome to watch, i managed to get a few pics for you all to see. By the way, the weather was nice and warm 80% of the week:devious not like what we came back to though:banghead :banghead :banghead

·
Registered
2,690 Posts
Some cool pics right there Paul :hail ....... looks like some strikes actually hit the water :dowhat

·
Registered
2,695 Posts
how many pics did you snap to get the bolt in the pic?

·
Registered
5,698 Posts
wow :hail awesome awesome pictures there. :hail how long were those exposures ?

·
Registered
3,289 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
how many pics did you snap to get the bolt in the pic?
I would like to say i sat there and snapped for hundreds of pics but i cheated:laugh I used my Cannon MV830 mini dv camcorder then downloaded the video onto my pc and used windows movie maker to go frame to frame until i got the best pics. Did the same with some pics of dolphins out at see. I must admit i was impressed with the results though:hail The exposure was left on auto settings. What did supprise me was in the space of 1/10 second the image changed to just a complate white screen.

·
Premium Member
6,671 Posts
Awesome pic's :hail (I like the cheat method :devious :laugh )

I love watching thunder and lightening storms roll around :) Some of the best we have seen have been down in the Pyrenee's .......... can be a little un-nerving when your in a flimsy little canvas tent though :dowhat :laugh :laugh :laugh

·
Registered
435 Posts
i got a pic of lightning from a disposable and my buddy blew it up to be a 5x5ft poster. they say the chances of you getting hit by lightning are greater than being able to snap a pic of it

·
Premium Member
24,892 Posts
Very cool:thumbup

·
I was Ukgixxerman
2,072 Posts
nice pics paul:hail:hail the scenery looks familiar:dunno,were you at puerto rica by any chance:dunno

·
Registered
3,289 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
nice pics paul:hail:hail the scenery looks familiar:dunno,were you at puerto rica by any chance:dunno
Yes, was a really nice place:hail Went on a tour of the island over the hills. Couldn't beleive the differance in weather, 36 degrees in puerto rico, 5 degrees in the mountins and 12 degrees in the north. I think the whole island is only 50 miles x 40 miles. Hoping to go again next year.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts