TLZone Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Christ, they were out in force today.

Went from Southport to Betws-y-Coed. Thhttp://maps.google.co.uk/maps?hl=en&q=&ie=UTF8&split=0&gl=uk&ei=qXIYSuSKEIShjAec9tX9DA&geocode=FXglKgMdb-vF_we first 30 miles was super quiet, but the A5 was swarming with them. I did get pulled once, £30 for a non legal plate (fortunately they didn't say anything about the RS3's :devious) Usual blurb from them, been trying to pull you over for 2 miles. Well maybe you shouldn't be in a DAMN UNMARKED CAR FFS! By their attitude I think they thought I was going to put up a fight!!

All the unmarkeds were Skoda Estate VRS's in grey. Only a few Volvos on patrol.

Anyways, it was a good day all in all, met up with an old friend from Cardiff on a '09 Blade and i think he was a little supprised with the TLR. I did talk it down beforehand though :laugh

Nice to see the sun out for once.

·
Registered
7,318 Posts
I did get pulled once, £30 for a non legal plate (fortunately they didn't say anything about the RS3's :devious)

I'm pretty sure that the vehicle that stopped you would have been specifically looking at the use of motorcycles in that area. I would guess that they clocked/heard your cans. Probably more lenient than you give credit for? :O

·
Premium Member
6,671 Posts
All the unmarkeds were Skoda Estate VRS's in grey. Only a few Volvos on patrol.
At least it gives you something to watch out for .... down here they keep you guessing - unmarked fleet includes Skoda's, BMW 3 & 5 series estates, Volvo's, Mondeo Estates, Mondeo ST's, Focus ST's, Golf GTI's, and even a couples of old Omega's :dowhat

What's more, they have also taken to putting things like GB stickers & Tow-hitches on them, or carrying sports bags on the parcel shelf to help disguise them :coocoo :rant :rant

I have no issue with proper policing with marked cars, but fail to see how the use of un-marked (especially "camouflaged") cars is a positive road safety step :confused

·
Registered
3,648 Posts
because a small plate and cans are such a crime.......a flippin joke:rant

·
Registered
3,301 Posts
jesus, dont get me started in Victoria police...they shouldnt wear blue uniforms, but they should wear brown shirts with swastikas on them and jodpers!...they dont know what the word lenient is.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I was told that, and I quote, "The chief thinks that custom number plates have only one purpose and that is to evade speed camera systems" My response was, well thats the biggest plate that will fit between my RS3's and that the chief clearly isn't a biker :laugh

I did go one to explain when plates that get caught on camera are not recognised, the onboard system saves and keeps the image for post processing by a human. So no one is immune. Queue the silence of the plod...

I tried not to sound like a smart arse but I think the pair of them learned something that day :devious

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What's more, they have also taken to putting things like GB stickers & Tow-hitches on them, or carrying sports bags on the parcel shelf to help disguise them :coocoo :rant :rant

I have no issue with proper policing with marked cars, but fail to see how the use of un-marked (especially "camouflaged") cars is a positive road safety step :confused
When Clarkson becomes PM, I'm sure that police officers imitating Joe Blogs will be an offence :rotfl

Seriously, its entrapment in this weather. If its not dangerous then I say :bigfinger to 'em. I don't do wheelies or stoppies, I keep it in my lane and away from others and they have the cheek to tell me I was slowly weaving in my lane at 10mph (moving my lower back). Yea, I have a bad back, so f**king what! It was moderated when explained :(

1 - 7 of 7 Posts