TLZone Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
my XR630 shat the tail/brake light yesterday. (cracked red lens & blown globe)

so i bought a CYKEL universal fitting LED one today but not working :confused

bike wiring plug- to tail/brake light configeration

RED - RED
black - black
green - yallow

i presume this is right ? confermation on this anyone.

a test light would come in handy right now :laugh
what do i set my multimetre on for testing *IM MULTIMETRE LITERATE* well should say electrical literate :laugh

·
Premium Member
24,892 Posts
Bike wiring can be weird, on my CR250 (with E-line/BD stator) IIRC black is hot, red is ground and yellow is the second hot, totally backwards of normal. I don't have a clue which colors are what on your bike, but can only suggest you snag a test light or figure out your multimeter and just test away.

Does your XR have a battery? If not, it probably runs on AC current, in which case you'd need to set the multi-meter for AC current, voltage should be in the 10-15v range at idle and a bit more consistent between 13-15v reved up.

If it has a battery it probably runs on DC current, in which case you'd need to set the multimeter to DC, voltage would be the same story, but probably not lower than 12 at idle as the battery will pick up the slack.

I'm sure you'll like the LED once you have it set up, I have one on my CR250R and dig it:thumbup

·
Premium Member
7,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Bike wiring can be weird, on my CR250 (with E-line/BD stator) IIRC black is hot, red is ground and yellow is the second hot, totally backwards of normal. I don't have a clue which colors are what on your bike, but can only suggest you snag a test light or figure out your multimeter and just test away.

Does your XR have a battery? If not, it probably runs on AC current, in which case you'd need to set the multi-meter for AC current, voltage should be in the 10-15v range at idle and a bit more consistent between 13-15v reved up.

If it has a battery it probably runs on DC current, in which case you'd need to set the multimeter to DC, voltage would be the same story, but probably not lower than 12 at idle as the battery will pick up the slack.

I'm sure you'll like the LED once you have it set up, I have one on my CR250R and dig it:thumbup

thanks mate :) yeh its AC im buying a test light tomorrow when the shops reopen :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts