TLZone Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wish it was working on the bike, but at least part of it was in the garage. This was my first time laying tile and I am very pleased with the results. Thankfully my neighbor was nice enough to help out when I needed him to. I still have a lot of work before the bathroom is finished, but it will be worth it.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Sweet job. Looks like all you have left to do is the grout. :thumbup

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Grout and seal the shower walls, tile the floor, paint the walls, replace the vanity and put the shitter back in.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Ahhh! So a little more than just the tile. Redoing the whole bath.

·
Premium Member
24,892 Posts
Nice work:thumbup

·
Chief Moderator for my kids Julia & Kristen,
5,503 Posts
Nice job Wade! There is the pride of DIY and it is always nice to save some money along the way.

My to do list is easier - time for a new garage door opener. My handy helper (Dukespawn #2) is going to watch and hand me stuff :)

·
Moderator,
14,795 Posts
looking good :thumbup

J

·
0 Posts
choosing grout color is pain in the ass. it doesn't look similar like in samples. usually people choose way too white grout as it usually goes almost two degrees towards white from the sample.

my sister put dark grey tiles to bathroom floor and selected grout to work(little bit lighter grey), it was almost bone white when it was done.

make little bit of the grout and test it somewhere before you put it all there. it's impossible to change after. let it dry to see the color.

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Nice job Wade! There is the pride of DIY and it is always nice to save some money along the way.

My to do list is easier - time for a new garage door opener. My handy helper (Dukespawn #2) is going to watch and hand me stuff :)
I try to have Blake help as much as he can. Kate, at only 14 months, is following in his footsteps and already wants to be Dad's little helper. She likes to come in and watch and then points and tells me something, just wish I could understand what she is saying.

choosing grout color is pain in the ass. it doesn't look similar like in samples. usually people choose way too white grout as it usually goes almost two degrees towards white from the sample.

my sister put dark grey tiles to bathroom floor and selected grout to work(little bit lighter grey), it was almost bone white when it was done.

make little bit of the grout and test it somewhere before you put it all there. it's impossible to change after. let it dry to see the color.
I am using some premixed grout. I have already seen what it will look like on these tiles and it will be nice.

·
Registered
3,241 Posts
Very nice. I must not make a very good Tom Sawyer because I'll be damned if my kids don't think it's work to help out. :rant I have a smaller/easier bathroom in need of a redo now that you have some experience :laugh You can even keep the red sink the PO installed :coocoo

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Got the shower done a couple of weeks ago

Finished the floor over the weekend. Just need to seal the grout.

Now we need to make a decision on the paint and vanity.

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Looking real good.... :thumbup

1 - 15 of 15 Posts