TLZone Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Super Mod,
3,568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK... File this under better late than never. Yep, been doing track days for over three years and never had an idea of how consistent my times were (or weren't).

Since the tracks I run at have the beacon on the right side I came up with a 'semi-permanent' solution. If it needs to be placed on the left side I recon I can just stick it to the speedo.

The timer fit nicely on the Graves fairing stay (about the only thing that has).

The receiver was the tricky part. Nothing is flat on the outer edges and I only had the short 20" cable to work with. So I made a bracket and stuck it here...

Should work... :)

·
Registered
8,379 Posts
lookin sweet :thumbup

now get back out there and get us some times :devious

·
Upside Down Super Mod,
29,860 Posts
They're a great toy, I mean tool. Your receiver should be fine there.

·
Pygmy looking for a new name
14,150 Posts
Yup, one of those is on my Christmas list for this year.

·
Moderator,
14,795 Posts
nice upgrade good luck with the laprecord breaking :thumbup

·
Registered
8,965 Posts
Lap timers never lie, and you can't cheat it, that makes it great, really helps when you try new stuff.

Don't I have your old one Burn?

On the left side of the TLR they mount perfectly to the battery box. Also since that is a track bike, lose the stinking fans, you don't need em and they weigh 10 pounds:coocoo

·
Super Mod,
3,568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Nope... This is my first timer so you didn't pick it up from me. :laugh

I'll remember the bat box if I need to switch the sides. :)

Not a bad idea for the fans... I'll look into taking them off over the winter.

G

·
I dont have fans on my street bike...
Works, OK as long as I dont try to go through the city in rush hours. You definetly dont need them on track (ad Doug points out) :)

·
Registered
2,337 Posts
Is that secured by zip ties? Looks like the twin might shake it loose to me :dunno. Would it be more secure if you drilled a couple of holes in the bracket the you mounted it to and route the zip ties through the holes?

·
Registered
8,965 Posts
I use velcro, the heavy duty plastic type for mine and it stays on the KTM, there is no vibration on a TLR when compared with a KTM. Burn, I got it from Seca I believe, now that I think about it.

·
Pygmy looking for a new name
14,150 Posts
I use the same velcro per Doug's reccomendation for my helmet cam. Even when I want to disconnect the cam from the bike it's a pain because the velcro stuff holds so well.

You can pick it up at Radio Shack.

·
Super Mod,
3,568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I used a combination of Velcro and wire tires. It lasted the day without any sign of coming off. Even managed to record my fasted lap on the track to date… So I’m guessing… but I was pleasantly surprised to push some of the times I did and do them consistently… One of my best mods in the regard. :)

·
Registered
8,965 Posts
Yes, I love the lap timer, it doesn't lie and it gives you instant gratification. If you get a beacon, I know a guy (me) who makes a really slick little stand for it and the battery. I have a spare or I could just measure it up and you could make your own.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts