TLZone Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
929 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys
I fitted a set of LED blinkers on the back & for some reason,now they are flashing too fast. Does anyone know how to fix this problem? Any suggestions would be appreciated?
Jace:confused

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
this is a very common problem as LED indicatord dont place enough load on the flasher can... You have 2 options:

1. put up with it.
2. buy a LED flasher can available from most bike shops for around $25

:thumbup

·
Registered
258 Posts
you need to put an electronic flasher unit in place of the original flasher unit. the original is next to the fuse box. there ar 2 wires which ya have to cut and then put lugs on the end to go into the new flasher.
im sorry but i cant remember what colour the wores are, but i can have a look tomorrow for ya if no one else can chip in here...

·
Registered
251 Posts
Ey Jace..

I have got a LED flasher can layin around somewhere...

Is new bought it for my LED indicators but I liked the speed they
flashed at, at least they flashed a few times whilst changing lanes, with the standard ones the blinker would only flash once or twice. :laugh

You can have it as I have no use for it.
Pm me if your interested

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
now there's a deal to good to pass up... i got dibs if Jace dont want it!
Oh and don't you think it's time to change the avatar?:lol

·
Registered
4,745 Posts
Welcome ... :bigfinger :bigfinger :bigfinger

·
Registered
321 Posts
The problem is one of insufficient resistance in the circuit; there are various means of correcting this. A search using "agricultural" will give the means I used to correct it. Cheap and not much work involved.

·
Registered
929 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hi guys
Thanks for the help ! With the flasher can,do I replace it to the old one or is it something that has to be added to the rear flashers.The front ones are still original.

·
Upside Down Super Mod,
29,855 Posts
You don't do aything to the individual indicators, you change the can and it fixes the lot. Front, rear, left, right, doesn't matter, all off the same can.

The LEDs don't draw as much power as the original globes so the oem flasher flashes fast, they're designed like that so if you blew a globe you'd know because of the flash rate. The LED's + 1 original isn;t enough power for a slow flash.

·
Registered
929 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Cheers Steve

·
Registered
929 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ah shit guys,I had a look @ where I think the flasher can goes & if its ment to replace that box unit next to the fuse box,well I dont think I'll bother.I dont want to butcher any original wireing.Maybe its just out of my league.
Any suggestions? or any other way around it?
Jace

·
Registered
321 Posts
Ah shit guys,I had a look @ where I think the flasher can goes & if its ment to replace that box unit next to the fuse box,well I dont think I'll bother.I dont want to butcher any original wireing.Maybe its just out of my league.
Any suggestions? or any other way around it?
Jace
I felt the same way, so I worked around it as you are wanting to do. My solution may not be the only one, but it is cheap and easy - and works.
Go back to my last post under this thread. There is probably a way of bringing up the link but? go to search at the top of the page -> in search forums, type in "agricultural" and in my trial, my post under that title came up on the first page.
It is just necessary to put a resistor into each line;they are readily purchased from Tandy or whatever, if I remember correctly,the current doesn't pass directly though the resistor - I think it goes in like a branch off, anyway if you need assistance the shop assistant should be able to give you an installation diagram. So that it is protected and kept cool, I installed them on mine as described; there will be numerous other ways of achieving the same objective. I am no autolec and it is not a difficult exercise. You will need a soldering iron, resin core solder, and perhaps some heat-shrink tubing and a means of shrinking it and or insulation tape.
If you haven't got them? well there might be another way or they will probably come in useful in the future if you continue down this path.

·
Registered
929 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks Rockit,that sounds a little bit easyer to me.I'll go to the dick smith store & get a 10W, 5.6 ohms resistor 2morrow.Yeh I saw your previous post but I did'nt get what you where saying, sorry! I went back as you suggested & I get it now.
I'll let you know how I go.
Cheers
Jace

1 - 14 of 14 Posts