TLZone Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,
After engine blew up i decided to modify my TLR.
I always wanted to do this but never had enought time
Now it is good oportunity to make my dream motorcycle.
Project include:
1. Engine rebuild
2. Rear wing frame from begin
3. New seat design
4. Accusump
5. Cooling system modifying
6. New dashboard
7. Fairings off
8. Maybe rims from Kawasaki zx10r
9. Air box modifying

I would like to say that i've never made any motorcycle seat, first time i'm making accusump for motorbike. It's my first motorcycle project so probably everything what i will do i'm doing first time.
I gave to me about two years for this project.
Started about 3 months ago.
And what i can say for the most of time i'm searching and looking for information about what kind of material use (e.g. seat foam), spec for engine (for accusump). I'm looking for everything what can make my motorcycle better. I'm count on yours suggestions guys.

I hope you will enjoy my project creating.
Wish me luck!

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I will started from the begin.
I'm killed engine about 160miles from home near ruby (warwickshire). It was my last wheelie before my engine blew up.
I know, i'm young and i will never stop doing wheelie or crazy things on motorcycle.
And i will never change my minde, no matter how many engines i'll kill more.
This machines have been made to drive hard so i'm driving hard. hehe

So back to thread.
I was lucky because blew engine happenend few miles from my dad's house.
I left TLR for about 2 weeks in my dad's garage.
And after two weeks i came back with right car to transport my motorcycle back to me.
And guess what?

It was Vauxhall Astra hahahaha
But don't laugh. I made it.
912713_996597503712119_147363048_n.jpg 12395164_996597520378784_1547135409_n.jpg
I'd pack whole TLR to astra.
Piece of cake.
And i've done whole way from rugby to bognor.
It was long way.

And this is how it's began :)

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
And this is how looks crankshaft alfter spun bearing.
13236235_1087104577994744_732176964_n.jpg
13246072_1087104564661412_1479771726_n.jpg
On one of conrods there is no bearing not because i took it off.
There is no bearing because bearing totally gone.
Crankshaft is junk.

·
Registered
2,665 Posts
There are a lot of things to improve a TLR..I'd focus on the engine now, plenty of info about that.

·
Registered
2,665 Posts
Choices are yours off course, depends on what you're after. But apart from basics like new oilpump, I'd consider SV rods and shells. And maybe improved shift stuff to give the gearbox a better chance of survival. Wheelies starve the oilpump so that might be worth looking into as well.

·
Registered
3,481 Posts
And has Sam got any 1080 kits left?

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Okay but has anyone done this replacement sv conrods for TLR conrods?
I know the reason why it may be worth.
But any one done this before? and if yes. Is it work properly?

·
Adrenaline Junky
2,688 Posts
Sam is running: 1080cc hybrid TLR/S engine (158bhp). SV1000 crank and rods, forged JE Pistons, reprofiled TLR cams, 999 shower injectors, Bosch fuel pump, powercommander III, GSXR-1000 clutch basket with an STM slipper clutch and a custom exhaust with a custom airbox too. It all works properly too :thumbup

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Fair enough.
I will try to contact Sam because I have more questions.
I also thinking about different fuelpump, injectors and throttle bodies from sv1000 (1mm bigger diameter).
What do you think about this idea?

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Big bore kit probably is a bit too expensive to me.
I have more things to do in TLR, not only engine.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
When my friend was doing his gearbox in racing car he took all gears from gearbox to novaracing company in UK.
They doing racing motorcycles etc. Novaracing made super finish polishing on gears. After polishing gears feel like silicon coated gears.
And this gave me idea about TLR's gearbox to make the same polishing.
Because it's mean less friction on gears, less temperature from gearbox goes to the engine what is good in theory.

What do you think guys?

·
Registered
2,665 Posts
While you have the cases apart it would be worth doing. Sam sells kits for around £800-900ish and you'll regret it if you don't!
Famous last words..

No problem speccing up an engine to well over 10k, but what's point if he'll wheelie it to hell and back. If it where me I'd look into making the engine wheelieproof. Then to get it shifting as precise as possible. Then getting it setup for most direct, predictable throttleresponse. If there has to be bouncing against the limiter I'd look into lighter, stronger internals..but shifting is probably a better alternative.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts