TLZone Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Chief Moderator for my kids Julia & Kristen,
5,503 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Unopened bottle of olive oil has some white stringy shit floating around the bottom of the bottle. Bad voodoo or no? We have had it for awhile.

·
SQDBIKE Admin,
5,965 Posts
i don't think it can "go bad" but olive oil snobs will use oil within a few months of buying, or chuck it out. i'd just shake up the bottle, confuse it with another one, and enjoy :laugh

-:banana

·
Registered
7,791 Posts
Living in a country that one of its most famous products around the world is olive oil, -if that make me an expert at all :laugh- i'd say "dont worry and use it"

The only thing that can go wrong with olive oil -appart from Popey getting mad- is its taste. When it's too old and its tanines go wild, it just gets bitter and tastes no good at all

Bon apetit mon ami :)

·
Registered
3,003 Posts
i don't think it can "go bad" but olive oil snobs will use oil within a few months of buying, or chuck it out. i'd just shake up the bottle, confuse it with another one, and enjoy :laugh

-:banana

:stupid what you dont know wont hurt you :)

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Olive jizz....toss it.

But seriously, if it's unopened, it's probably fine. I bet it goes bad quick (tastes rancid) soon after opening though.:puke

·
Registered
276 Posts
I probaly wouldn't use it. Rancid oil is pretty nasty.

·
Registered
2,337 Posts
Fry something up with it and check it out. The heat from the frying pan will kill any bacteria that could be in it anyway.

J

·
0 Posts
if you put olive oil in a fridgerator it goes all wierd. part of the oil separates from the oil and it gets floters.

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
next tonight on Bravo...............Scenes of horror and disbelief...........on

When Olive Oil GOES BAD

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Run for your lives!

The milenium monster is finally waking up from it's near thousand year long nap. But Bravo's cameras are there to catch it all. Wonder if the Duke has insurance coverage for rampaging monsters?

:)

Olive oil can go rancid & you definitely get seperation when you get it cold enough as in refrigeration. Made that mistake once. I buy that stuff in large gallon containers & pour it in a few smaller containers. Olive oil is an organic compound & it can & will go bad, ie rancid. Open it up & use the smell test. If it smells like something unrelated to olive oil, like the early stages of development of a monster fetus you know it is time to toss it. Or better yet bury it in a deep ditch so that fetus can continue to slowly develop over the cold Winter months & then rise from the dead (along with your Yamamonster) in the Spring.

·
Chief Moderator for my kids Julia & Kristen,
5,503 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Mrs. Duke tossed it, but we had a good laugh and was quite impressed that ther inquiry received responses from all corners of the globe. I shook the bottle and the monster awakened and tried to break free of his green glass confinement. I am lucky to be alive.

Oh, and I am pretty certain that damage caused by monsters, if kept as household pets, would be excluded by my insurance policy :laugh

·
Registered
3,498 Posts
hey what kind of oil should i use in my tl?

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
olivio has good hi-temp properties...................

·
Premium Member
7,285 Posts
i have a rare bottle from a friends plantation. he told me to use it becouse it will go off over time.
were not opening it due to its his first bottle from his first crop.

·
Registered
618 Posts
It usually takes me several months to go through a bottle of it, and it's never went bad.....Hell, it's just oil, other then loosing it's Viscosity rating, what could happen:laugh .........Plus I just wanted to make my 1000th post:devious :devious

Regards Sonny

W

·
0 Posts
be sure to put your next bottle somewhere dark.

olive oil can't take light too well. it goes bad more quickly when it stands in the light.

BTW awesome thread :hail :laugh

·
Will ride for Food
697 Posts
:rotfl :laugh :hail

Olive jizz....toss it.

But seriously, if it's unopened, it's probably fine. I bet it goes bad quick (tastes rancid) soon after opening though.:puke

1 - 18 of 18 Posts