TLZone Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Scooter hottie chauffeur
4,663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright, I picked up a new K&N filter on Egay....

mostly because I can clean it and re-oil so after about 3 cleanings it's paid for itself.

but then you hear the claims of more air, better flow, more Bhp...

am I going to notice anything, or should I just be happy to have a reusable filter?

·
Registered
8,379 Posts
I noticed better throttle response...it seemed snappier

·
Registered
11,001 Posts
...mainly its cleanable and re-usable...Pipercross would be the best way to go for the R but they are damn hard to get in the USA and much more expensive...

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
I got a 3 hp gain with the k&n. not really worth the money if you ask me, but it is reusable.

·
Registered
11,918 Posts
My Pipercross cost ¥16,500 incl. shipping. A BNC would have cost ¥14,000 & a K&N ¥12,000 - without shipping. I think it was worth the money.

·
Registered
11,001 Posts
Kamikuza said:
... a K&N ¥12,000 - without shipping. I think it was worth the money.
...you know you could have gotten a K&N cheaper than that:laugh...stop tryin to justify that pipercross price:laugh...

·
Registered
2,920 Posts
I noticed a little better throttle response :devious .and the reusable thing = good deal I think:thumbup

·
Registered
909 Posts
Using BMC myself, and made a differnce to responce alot when i had it installed, but then again i did get a full service when i had it fitted, but still feels good now thou.

·
Registered
3,717 Posts
The pipercross gave double the gains over the K&N filter on the dyno. Oh and it saved nearly 0.5kg of weight from all the plastic you have to remove .... :devious

Oh yea ... The K&N is 'plug & play' where the piper really needs to be dyno'ed / yosh boxed as it will lean the bike out too much.

:hail TLR's

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
used both K&N and BMC.. never noticed a lick of difference over stock

·
Registered
110 Posts
Iv'e been putting K&N filters in my bikes for a long time. In truth on their own I don't think they make a lot of difference to performance at all, if at all. It's a cumulative thing - i.e. combined with open performance pipes, modified air intakes/boxes, rejetting or remapping, etc., etc., it will make a difference. Just flowing more air (which is what they do) alone might even lean out the motor making it perform less well. (this does depend of the bike, of course)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts