TLZone Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Nothing to see here...move along
2,463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, earlier today I'm on the south-bound shoulder of the freeway with two cars that decided to meet when one of the driver braked and the other didn't. I'm talking to the drivers when I hear a sportbike engine revving. I look up in time to see a rider flipping me off from the other side of the freeway...always makes me laugh.

Did I mention traffic is heavy in both directions?

A few minutes later, same spot, another sportbike rider is heading north, but there's something decidedly different. Apparently he (benefit of the doubt, could've been a she) isn't accomplished in the art of "hey cop...look at me" riding. He revs the engine, bouncing off the limiter so that I can hear his extra loud (read illegal) megaphone exhaust, all the while looking over the center median wall at me. Apparently genius forgot the part about heavy traffic. I saw the brake lights of the SUV in front of the rider come on just as he was looking back forward. Next thing I see is his rear wheel go skyward, then I heard the bike flop over and the engine revving. I saw the rider stand up, pick the bike up quickly then take off as fast as he could. :laugh

Brought some laughter to an otherwise very busy day. Gotta love pre-holiday traffic.

·
Premium Member
24,892 Posts
:laugh

:squid

·
Nothing to see here...move along
2,463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Registered
604 Posts
I had a similar experience with an XT660

we were standing at oposite ends of the traffic lights, this clown revving the barrel out of his bike. Not to be out done i give deep end blip. Light goes green, clown man pops a wheelie wheeeelie wheeeeeeelie, wheel goes to far north and flips the Tenere!

I guess the TLR must have given him a fright booming past.

·
Registered
2,386 Posts
Love it. :laugh Poetic justice actls. You ever see some clown driving reckless and think "where's a cop when you need one"? I was driving down the road when some guy comes up behind me, drives right up to my rear bumper (which always pisses me off). Then while in a slightly curved section of the road (NO PASSING ZONE) he jumps out to pass me. A cop car emerges in the opposite lane! The cop is forced to drive off the road on to the grass. I look in my mirror, the cop does a quick Uwey with lights flashing and is in hot pursuit! I pull over to let him by and see the "jack-off" has all ready pulled over wisely giving up. Made my day. :)

·
Chief Moderator for my kids Julia & Kristen,
5,503 Posts
Doh! That is truly embarrasing.

I wonder if that rider learned anything. I doubt it :lol

·
Premium Member
29,860 Posts
When I flip off cops like that I usually yell out I'm Miles B...r or I'm Kevin H...y :yes

What's a two cent coin made of? :laugh

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.