TLZone Forums banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
3,907 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...OK, so imagine if the influx in cooking programmes as of a few years ago, was part of some secret government policy to avoid food becoming a 'necessity'. i.e. That people would just start taking pills on the hour. This would have the knock on effect of reducing social abilities and eventually enhance effects of the already molecular society in which we live.

Just occurred to me, but I could be barking up the wrong tree...infact there might not even be a tree. This was inspired having eaten a Nutri-Grain Raisin Bake

:dowhat

·
Registered
3,907 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
tinyUK said:
your cracked! :coocoo

:laugh
It's only a theory, much like my theory about all those alien space ships actually being humans in the future doing their usual job of completely f**king up the idea of subtle:coocoo

:yes :bounce "Take me to your leader, especially if she has nice puppies":drool

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
bikerchris said:
... some secret government policy to avoid food becoming a 'necessity'...
errr, I thought food was a necessity - they got me! :dowhat

·
Registered
3,907 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
friday said:
errr, I thought food was a necessity - they got me! :dowhat
What I mean is to make eating another thing we need to save time doing. I.e. we used to shop to buy presents, nowadays we go on t'internet. This has a knock on effect because we don't see the people we could have seen in the petrol station or shop...and ....errr... stuff like that.

Hope that answers yo!:)

·
Premium Member
6,905 Posts
So to avoid all the people on the zone thinking you are ap-so-loot-ly loopy

Please air these thoughts to your local lamppost first - should you receive a positive reply then feel free to consult this forum...............:coocoo

:lol :lol :lol :lol

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
bikerchris said:
What I mean is to make eating another thing we need to save time doing. I.e. we used to shop to buy presents, nowadays we go on t'internet. This has a knock on effect because we don't see the people we could have seen in the petrol station or shop...and ....errr... stuff like that.

Hope that answers yo!:)
Are you saying that the government promoted the cooking programmes? Wouldn't that be counter-productive if their aim was a molecular society? :O

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
I wonder if he had one of those "home-made" nutri-grain raisin bakes?

·
Registered
3,907 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
friday said:
Are you saying that the government promoted the cooking programmes? Wouldn't that be counter-productive if their aim was a molecular society? :O
Yes and no....their aim is to avoid a huge molecular society because that would effect the economy as people wouldn't buy so much stuff. Just think, most purchases (I'm assuming) are to show off to other people. If we stayed indoors all the time there would be no need to buy useless tat. The invention of the webcam could have an effect, but people prefer to show things to others at a higher resolution and frame rate:)

That makes reasonable sense:yes

And Mr Tuckshop, I'm the only sane one around here!:bounce

·
Registered
3,725 Posts
so are you suggesting that people buy nice things to eat to show off to the nextdoor neighbour... :dowhat

the spate of cooking programmes came about when it became fashionable for men to be in the kitchen.. suddenly a whole new market opened up that people just wanted to get in on and make a fast buck.. no government conspiracy there mate..

more of a worry is all the talk of lower speed limits on rural roads and the later introduction of tolls on the faster roads..

·
Registered
3,907 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
tinyUK said:
so are you suggesting that people buy nice things to eat to show off to the nextdoor neighbour... :dowhat
:banghead no no, showing off and food are two completely seperate issues!...unless it's in a posh restaurant, but that's not showing off these days unless the food place has a curtain walled elevation.:confused

tinyUK said:
the spate of cooking programmes came about when it became fashionable for men to be in the kitchen.. suddenly a whole new market opened up that people just wanted to get in on and make a fast buck.. no government conspiracy there mate..
Ah, but have you ever met the person that started it, or decided to start it off. For all we know that swearing cook COULD be working closely with the government, eh eh!:scared 'they' only need one person to start the ball rolling and then the money grabbers go for it too which hides the original bloke/company who started it in the first place and thus the connection to the government is lost....pretty sneaky:devious

tinyUK said:
more of a worry is all the talk of lower speed limits on rural roads and the later introduction of tolls on the faster roads..
They're just threats, imagine a country full of so many rules no-one can be rebelous - the inhabitants would be so restrained they'd go bonkers, much like Texas.

AND ANOTHER THING...:bounce

If a meteor was going to hit earth, I really don't think they'd tell anyone :no it would bugger up the entire planet - people would stop paying taxes and have sex in the street and may be even visit Milton Keynes just once to see if it's truly as bad as people say.

I have no proof.

·
Registered
11,918 Posts
The wife religiously watches cooking shows (even when I want to watch something good & cerebral) when they're on the tv ... but you know what? She has NEVER made a single thing from any of them. Not even French bloody Toast

I HATE COOKING SHOWS

·
Registered
2,644 Posts
Kamikuza said:
The wife religiously watches cooking shows (even when I want to watch something good & cerebral) when they're on the tv ... but you know what? She has NEVER made a single thing from any of them. Not even French bloody Toast

I HATE COOKING SHOWS
I do that. Sit there watching the programmes but have never actually attempted to recreat anything I've seen :laugh

·
Registered
3,665 Posts
tinyUK said:
the spate of cooking programmes came about when it became fashionable for men to be in the kitchen
Does that mean you have been a trend setter and ahead of society as a whole as you're hardly ever out of the kitchen/dining room/restaurant/burger joint :laugh
j/k

·
Registered
3,907 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Exactly my point! Even though you've no inclination to cook, they've still won cos you sit indoors watching them. It's extra purpose is to keep the masses entertained and keep them away from politics and the general mechanics of the world, much like American Gladiators, X-Factor type show.:scared

·
Registered
3,725 Posts
Tankslappa said:
Does that mean you have been a trend setter and ahead of society as a whole as you're hardly ever out of the kitchen/dining room/restaurant/burger joint :laugh
j/k
:kicknuts

:fingerlol

·
Registered
3,907 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
wreckah said:
chris,

you been following the Glennfidich diet again?

:laugh :crazy
no:confused ...but I did try the JD diet, you tried that one?:dunno

:laugh :bounce

1 - 20 of 45 Posts