1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,285 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Upside Down Super Mod,
29,855 Posts
At least one person mentioned wide band. A normal lambda sensor isn't wide band and is ignored by ECU's when accelerating anyway. Logging the values would be ok to check cruising mixture - but you might as well put in a jaycar LED display for that, but wont help for acceleration mixture and what about throttle position? Not much good logging rpm vs. lambda voltage if you don't know the throttle position :dunno

I might be way off base, but unless you use an expensive wide band sensor and know throttle position, it wont be eliminating dyno's

·
Premium Member
7,285 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Steve TLS said:
At least one person mentioned wide band. A normal lambda sensor isn't wide band and is ignored by ECU's when accelerating anyway. Logging the values would be ok to check cruising mixture - but you might as well put in a jaycar LED display for that, but wont help for acceleration mixture and what about throttle position? Not much good logging rpm vs. lambda voltage if you don't know the throttle position :dunno

I might be way off base, but unless you use an expensive wide band sensor and know throttle position, it wont be eliminating dyno's
to be honest its a bit over my head i just thought it may be interesting for you guys :)
but i do understand what your saying about reconising the throttle positions.
post up steve see whats said on your theary :O

·
Registered
945 Posts
cant u just assume that the throttle is wide-open?

i was thinking of knocking up a air-fuel set of LEDs from jaycar
would need to do 2 of them though cos of the seperate pipes

·
Premium Member
7,285 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
fimp-bikes said:
cant u just assume that the throttle is wide-open?

i was thinking of knocking up a air-fuel set of LEDs from jaycar
would need to do 2 of them though cos of the seperate pipes
i'd say so fimp being a twin :yes

1 - 5 of 5 Posts