TLZone Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5,694 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
fitted the gold 6 pots and gold rear i got from speedking,
I can't believe how different my brakes feel now,
my old calipers are over 8 years old with 51.000 miles on them and have never been taken apart or stripped at all, (yeah i know:coocoo :coocoo )
the calipers from speedking are brand new and went on very easily, even bled them all in half an hour on my own.
the front is awesome compared to my old tired 4 pots, barely have to touch the lever to slow it down now,
and the rear is also very good (don't actually use the rear very often) i knew one of the rear pistons in my old one was sticking a bit because of the uneven pad wear i was getting,
they also look feckin brilliant compared to the standard black ones, very bling,

thanks sean,(speedking) top bloke and top service,:hail :hail :hail they took a while to get here but were worth the wait

·
Registered
5,694 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This thread need some pics....:)
I was gonna get a couple when i got home after the test ride but it was dark, will get a couple next weekend. this time of year it's dark when i leave for work and dark when i come home:banghead
me like a lot though:)

·
Registered
2,569 Posts
bout time u did something new to that S it needed more bling :)

·
Registered
8,965 Posts
No Flash? Imagine this was your front end...............

·
Registered
110 Posts
Likewise, got mine (goldies from Speedking) fitted while having the rebuild. Also had Goodridge hoses fitted and system flushed and replaced with DOT5 silicon brakefluid.
As you say, what a difference!! Moreover, they feel real good, not at all snatchy, and plenty of feedback.
Did you put new pads in or use the ones they come with (I used the ones they come with - almost new anyway)?

·
Registered
2,879 Posts
you used silicone brake fluid?

3,4, or 5.1, not silicone 5.

·
Registered
5,694 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Likewise, got mine (goldies from Speedking) fitted while having the rebuild. Also had Goodridge hoses fitted and system flushed and replaced with DOT5 silicon brakefluid.
As you say, what a difference!! Moreover, they feel real good, not at all snatchy, and plenty of feedback.
Did you put new pads in or use the ones they come with (I used the ones they come with - almost new anyway)?
I put the standard tokico pads in for now that came with em, will be upgrading to HH pads for the new year though,
hey doug they're the wrong colour mate, mine are gold,:coocoo :coocoo :laugh

·
Registered
8,379 Posts
Yes, Silicone DOT 5 brake fluid. Does not absorb water, does not damage paint, meets or exceeds DOT 5, does not need replacing. (and it's got a very nice purple colour!:laugh )

also does not mix with dot 4 or 5 :lol

I hope you completely took apart the system, cleaned everything with brake cleaner, then put new o-rings and such then filled the system with the dot 5. if not you may encounter problems :O

·
Registered
110 Posts
Yep, all new including the master cylinder, and the feel is excellent:) :) :)

also does not mix with dot 4 or 5 :lol

I hope you completely took apart the system, cleaned everything with brake cleaner, then put new o-rings and such then filled the system with the dot 5. if not you may encounter problems :O

·
Premium Member
24,892 Posts
My understanding is that you want brake fluid to absorb water otherwise the water will puddle at the lowest point and boil at low tempature, where as if its absorbed by the fluid it won't be puddleing and the boiling point won't be lowered nearly as much.......

have fun

·
Premium Member
7,697 Posts
I used GE DOT5 in my cars and trucks for years in Illinois. The way DOT5 doesn't absorb water from the air is a wonderful thing, not a problem IMHO. You'll read all kinds of stuff on the 'net though. BUT DOT5 is also more compressible than DOT3/4/5.1 and gives a spongier feel. But if the feel doesn't bother you, it's great stuff as far as the longevity of your equipment.

·
Registered
11,556 Posts
Gazza, I've got some sintered pads...part worn.......if you want them :O not even half-worn yet:)

·
Registered
5,694 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Gazza, I've got some sintered pads...part worn.......if you want them :O not even half-worn yet:)
could do mate, bring em with you to the meeting in jan and i'll have a look,

1 - 16 of 16 Posts