TLZone Forums banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just found out there is a "private circuit" about 30 mins from me, at Kulnura on NSW central coast, looks pretty fun:

Check it out on Google maps:

http://maps.google.com.au/?ie=UTF8&ll=-33.267255,151.236119&spn=0.01229,0.019248&t=h&z=16

Not much information on the web, but came across these bits and pieces:

"It seems to be a fact, that this track does infact exsist on the central coast of NSW near Kulnura.

It apparently belonging to Mr Dean Wills... the old CEO of Coca Cola. The track is a private track and it was infact build for him to flog his McLaren F1 and other toys he has to enjoy. (who said Money can't buy happiness?)

HRT are rumoured to have had secret test days up there in the past... "

and

Welcome to the Kulnura, Private Motor Circuit

The is track is owned, built by Mr Dean Wills

'Dean was retiring and intended to build a private race track for exercising his fairly large stable of classic, historic, race, and performance road cars...'

"The circuit is referred to by the owner as a 'private road', never a race track as Dean Wills has copped plenty of resistance from neighbours about noise etc. Invitation only, with the central circuit being a great kart track. It is not a place to have a big off, with trees and ditches aplenty, and high banks to catch a slide gone wrong as well as minimise noise.'

He has apparently got a mclearen f1 in his stable!
Very lucky man."

There seems to be an invitation only bike day coming up .... wonder how I get an invite???

·
Registered
2,690 Posts
Looks awesome ........and looooonng.
Perhaps send him a nice bunch of flowers from his new friendly neighbor - who just happens to be a bike nut :devious

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
Ive always wanted to buy a big property out of the city and build a private "road" on it. Wonder how much it costs to asphalt that much road :hail:hail

·
Registered
4,456 Posts
Wow:eek
Looks like a top little circuit

·
Upside Down Super Mod,
29,855 Posts
Checking ancestry.com.au now :laugh

·
Registered
13,114 Posts
could this be the venue for the very first internationall TL zone rally.? :devious

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
Get him a six pack of cokes :lol

A six pack?? I can get him as many cans, 600ml, 1.5l and 2l of coke, fanta, sprite etc etc as he'd like..

Apparently they all fell of the back of my truck :laugh

·
Registered
2,920 Posts
Looks a smidge more inviting than the old paperclip (Qld raceway) .

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ok more digging has turned up this:

http://www.circuitbreakers.com.au/

So its official. No invitation needed! Just book and pay. I think 23 October is out for me, will only get back from Phillip Island on 21st. Might be stretching the freindship with the missus. But 17 November I'm jumping on. Despite the cost. Only 14 bikes, all day. Anyone else? Between Mole and me we can provide a place to sleep for anyone interested only 30 minutes from the track (hope that's OK Graham).

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I've booked for 17 November :banana:banana

·
Registered
2,920 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
I think it's also the place where Jeff Ware from Rapid mag does a fair amount of testing also - I'm pretty sure he lives on the central coast too :)

Cheers John

·
Registered
929 Posts
Ok more digging has turned up this:

http://www.circuitbreakers.com.au/

So its official. No invitation needed! Just book and pay. I think 23 October is out for me, will only get back from Phillip Island on 21st. Might be stretching the freindship with the missus. But 17 November I'm jumping on. Despite the cost. Only 14 bikes, all day. Anyone else? Between Mole and me we can provide a place to sleep for anyone interested only 30 minutes from the track (hope that's OK Graham).
This is old news mate.
James (ciruitbreakers) is loosing Oran park as its closing for good & it looks like that he will be using this track instead for future track days.
James is also affiliated with the RATS so you will see a few of us there. :devious

·
Registered
929 Posts
I think it's also the place where Jeff Ware from Rapid mag does a fair amount of testing also - I'm pretty sure he lives on the central coast too :)

Cheers John
Yep! Jeff lives in Umina.......nice bloke too....:)

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
$650 :dowhat

I thought of it... Till i seen what their asking for.. Maybe next time

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
yeah, i know its a bit steep, but there's only 14 bikes, 2 groups of 7, and I was told either Kevin Magee or Warwick Nowland would be one of the trainers. A mate with a 1098 is also going on 17 Nov. Any other takers, I'm not sure how many spots left?

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
may have to do it another day.. Or if there's still spots left after i get back from the island i may jump on it

1 - 20 of 41 Posts