TLZone Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All, just to let you know I have just completed Level 1&2 of Superbike School
it is a great course, well run, well organised, excellent classroom content and
the on bike coaches really do thier best to get you "right". If I sound like an advert
for Superbike School I am as its the best "motorcycling money" I have spent.
Hope this helps anyone who has been thinking about it, do it you wont regret it.:)

·
Registered
295 Posts
How much was it? When and how long?

·
Premium Member
24,892 Posts
Sweet:thumbup The best mod you can do is to yourself.

·
Upside Down Super Mod,
29,855 Posts
Good going Gary :thumbup

·
Pygmy looking for a new name
14,150 Posts
I completed Level I years ago and I agree, best money I've invested into motorcycling yet. I'm wanting to go back for his additional levels but they don't come to Texas but maybe every other year.

Did you do the two day camp? Get to ride all the cool toys like the lean and slide bikes? I only took the single day course and didn't get to play with those.

·
Registered
945 Posts
im looking at doing those this summer

and the good new is that if your insured with shannons then you a re covered cos it is "training" and now classed as riding on a track ;)

·
14,150 Posts
$400 per level? That's in your funny money too right? :) That's a good deal cuz I think it was $400-$450 US$ when I did it back in June of 2002.

Just checked the site, here it's $420-$470 US$ depending on the track your riding at.

I hit XE.com and checked, $400AUD = $298USD so you guys definately get a good deal. And you got to do yours at PI. :hail

·
Registered
258 Posts
i have done level 1 of superbike school, and last week did race school run by circuit breakers at eastern creek...race school was only $235 and in my opinion heaps more useful if ya do regular track days. i found superbike school excellent but really only helped me on the road. but race school was great for eastern creek, and for track riding in general and is half the price...and ya get ya lap times!!:p

·
Registered
4,745 Posts
When I've got the GSXR set up right for club racing I wanna get to one of them schools. I'm always open to new ways to improve technique. :devious

I'll be signing up for one next year sometime (early).

:thumbup

·
14,150 Posts
dungbeetle said:
and ya get ya lap times!!:p
You didn't get lap times at SBS? I did. They were quite embarassing but at least I could see how I improved througout the day.

·
Registered
258 Posts
asbs are dead against lap timing here. they ban timers from their track days as well!! they also ban cameras. was at a trackday yesterday and a mate got black flagged for having his camera tank mounted!! they are nazi's when it comes to rules which is anohter reason i try to go with circuit breakers as much as possible now....

gixxerjasen said:
You didn't get lap times at SBS? I did. They were quite embarassing but at least I could see how I improved througout the day.

·
14,150 Posts
Huh...wierd. We just had transponders and got a printout at the end of the day...nothing we could track as the day went on though.

·
Registered
945 Posts
what about r1's

do they ban them for having it built in?
why no cameras, isnt that a good way to see how you could improve?

·
Upside Down Super Mod,
29,855 Posts
They tell us in our rider briefing down here that the no camera's and no timing devices are for public liability insurance reasons and not safety reasons.

(I'm not sure if it's an ASS rule / insurance rule or a Phillip Island liability rule :dunno)

·
Registered
4,745 Posts
No problem with cameras and timers at Mallala. But it'd be better if PI would allow them. :O

I understand why they don't ... but it would be awesome. :)

·
14,150 Posts
Camera liability? Why would there be camera liability? It's not as if people are going to go out of their way to perform for the camera are they? I don't know of anyone who would do that.

Or do I? :rotfl
http://www.leanangle.com/vids/doug.wmv

·
Upside Down Super Mod,
29,855 Posts
Camera could be used for timing :dunno

Stuffed if I know, all I know is it's a PITA to hide my beacon :laugh

·
14,150 Posts
Steve TLS said:
:hail that's to be one of my additions to my bike this winter.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts