TLZone Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys, Just bought another tl r and have a few queries...… I am pretty sure my previous TL was hydraulic clutch ! This one has a cable operated clutch! its a 2000 on an X plate, were cable clutches standard ? Also the rear brake master cylinder is knackered and it has integral brake light cables coming out f the top ! Also I`m sure this isn't standard ! Any ideas what kind of cylinder this is or what it might be from? I have bought it as a project ,just trying to get my head around the parts on it ! Clive

·
Registered
5,688 Posts
Sounds like someone converted the clutch to cable.
Also sounds like someone installed a brake light pressure switch on the banjo on the rear brake line. A photo might help though.

Oh and welcome to the zone. 🖕

·
Premium Member
6,846 Posts
Wot he says........All TLR's were factory fitted with a hydraulic clutch........... A common enough mod to convert a TLR to cable clutch as was to convert the TLS to a hydraulic clutch.
You are also correct regarding the rear brake light switch. This was often done when an aftermarket set of foot pegs were fitted as many do not have the facility to fit the standard brake switch.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts